Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake money...?

Options
  • 05-04-2010 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm getting started in magic now, but have been doing card tricks for a while.

I want to move on to tricks involving money.

Does anybody know where to get fake euro coins and notes for a beginner?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

By fake money do you mean actual fake money or gimmicks?

Vanishing Inc carry a range of shells and the like.

Most euro gimmicks seem to come from Tango Magic, a company based over in Argentina. (There is a link down the right side bar for an english version). Most of the big online shops tend to have a few of the more popular props available in euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

oeb wrote:
    By fake money do you mean actual fake money or gimmicks?

Sorry to sound snappy but what do you mean by this?

And basically I'm looking for the most realistic euro coins and notes for the cheapest possible.

Thanks oeb.

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Sorry to sound snappy but what do you mean by this?

And basically I'm looking for the most realistic euro coins and notes for the cheapest possible.

Thanks oeb.

Well, by fake money I would assume you meant notes with no real value, so they could be destroyed. By a gimmick I mean a magicians prop disguised as a euro coin. Flippers, shells, etc.

Well, by fake I mean a note that a spectator can check and all looks real to them.

Have checked out them websites and the prices are fairly steep. At them prices I may aswell use real money :p

Well, by fake I mean a note that a spectator can check and all looks real to them.

Have checked out them websites and the prices are fairly steep. At them prices I may aswell use real money :p

But a note for WHAT?

And yes, gimicked money, especially the good quality stuff tends to be quite expensive.

• Advertisement

For all the tricks you see on TV. I know I'll never be that good but want to try anyways.

It got me thinking because I was watching a program on magic there on television last night and it was saying about using fake curreny.

For all the tricks you see on TV. I know I'll never be that good but want to try anyways.

It got me thinking because I was watching a program on magic there on television last night and it was saying about using fake curreny.

I suggest picking up a copy of "Bobo's modern coin magic", it's ISBN can be found in the getting started sticky up the top of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

so you're looking for counterfeits basically, a note that is just like a real note but worth a lot less, with no other primary purpose?

Exactly. But it's kind of tricks I'll just be doing with mates, not large shows or anything like it. Sorry that may sound arrogant again :mad:

counterfeit money is illegal. nobody except gangsters produce cheap money that looks real. You havent explained any tricks you want to perform with this money either. you just want to be able to destroy it? for what trick? at the moment it loks like you are just looking for fake money to pass off as real, very suspect.

• Advertisement

It's also worth keeping in mind that I can not think of a single trick that uses 'fake' money. The closest you get is real money that has been adapted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

i've only seen "flash" notes.
    The only time i've seen fake notes used in a trick is extreme burn 2.0 and the best thing to do there is use monopoly money (obviously fake).
    Id be asking to hear at the very least a description of the desired effect - unless the desired effect is to walk out of harvey normans with a tv bought with counterfeit notes.

Doyler, please PM me if you want this thread re-opened to clarify your request.

As it stands, you have requested counterfeit money, which is illegal to make. thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement