Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need advice on small diesel car

• 05-04-2010 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I'm looking for a diesel car. I test drove a 03 2.0 d4d 5 door hatch back corolla and loved it. But would high tax on such a small car make it hard to sell on?
    Also does €5k seem like a fair price. It only had 80k miles on the clock and was in very good condition.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

These are rare enough so I think selling one on will not be an issue. The 1.4 D-4D wasn't available until 2004 and they fetch alot more than 02/03 2.0 D-4D models. Most of the 2.0 litre models are UK imports meaning they are higher spec than Irish models, also make sure it has a service history and ring the garages that stamped the books to verify the mileage at the time. Above all have a mechanic check the car over before buying.

Regarding price, if you are happy with the car then make them an offer of around €4500/4600. You and the seller will probably meet in the middle at €4750.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The corolla was available in a 90hp 1.4 diesel from mid 2004.

Suck it up and pay the extra tax :)

Try and get the 2.0 116bhp Corolla as opposed to the 2.0 89hp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yeah the car is originally from the North. It's a t spirit so has a lot of extras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

The car is still on uk plates but price includes registration. It's being sold from a small garage here in the south. I did a background check and the last recorded change of keeper occurred on 12 Aug 2005. Sounds dodgy right?

Advertisement