Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[KEEP IT CIVIL] Wikileaks release Video of the murder of Iraqi civilians

Options

Comments

Sheeps wrote: »
    Or else it could have been the dude actually holding the RPG that gave it away.

That's a camera isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

That'd be Namir Noor? Journalist. Family history of journalism as a career. Considered one of the best photographers during the war. Could have been a camera on a tripod?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

No, it's an RPG, as confirmed by one of the soldiers when they arrive on the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Going to watch it again now but if I remember right the "RPG" is actually a camera with a 3 or 400 lens on it

Have to throw it out there that Sheeps is my new least favourite person on boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Mark200 wrote: »
    Usually they let bombs off at police and army recruiting stations, polling stations during elections, and (as seen today) at embassies.

So, that's legitimate in your opinion Mark?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

Any chance of somebody pasting the video here, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Have to throw it out there that Sheeps is my new least favourite person on boards.ie

Im trying my best here, a bit of recognition please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I doubt he will be too upset.

Not everyone totally accepts your spurious propaganda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Can't wait to play this level in Modern Warfare 3.

DON'T

• Advertisement

Cool, keep us posted on your various other lists of preferences.

Shortened Video

Full Unedited Video

WARNING, VIDEO SHOWS PEOPLE BEING KILLED!! Do not watch if you do not want to see this.

The whole idea behind not embedding the links was so that people who don't want to see it, don't actually see it so they don't get fired when they view the thread in work.

The whole idea behind not embedding the links was so that people who don't want to see it, don't actually see it so they don't get fired when they view the thread in work.
    It's not as if the videos play automatically. :rolleyes:

I need it embedded because I'm not signed up to Youtube.

Edit; Fuck it. Still can't get it in.

Thanks Sheep, yea Bonito if you could remove them it would be better please. Most ppl when they see a vid click on it then after that read the info before and after it

Oh and sheep....

Actually at (long video) 02:04 until 02:25 that there is 1 guy with an AK47 and another with what looks like an RPG.

However if to just prove my point at 03:13 you can clearly see the 2 camera men, and can clearly see that they are carrying cameras and not weapons
    But the bit with the van is what hit me the most tbh

Also, an update from Wikileaks Tweet
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL05399965

MaybeLogic wrote: »

I think you can sign in with a Google account now aswell.

yes, if you have a google account you can sign into yahoo through that now

Thanks Sheep, yea Bonito if you could remove them it would be better please. Most ppl when they see a vid click on it then after that read the info before and after it

Oh and sheep....

Actually at (long video) 02:04 until 02:25 that there is 1 guy with an AK47 and another with what looks like an RPG.

However if to just prove my point at 03:13 you can clearly see the 2 camera men, and can clearly see that they are carrying cameras and not weapons
    But the bit with the van is what hit me the most tbh

Also, an update from Wikileaks Tweet
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL05399965
    I'm not removing my post. I left the warning in the post that it may disturb some viewers. Boardsies have the same option of one click to view the video whether it be the embeded video or the link that is possted that sends them to the youtube site. If a mod chooses to take it down fair enough but as I said, they don't play automatically, there's nothing disturbing in the screen shot and if they want to watch the video they have to make a click anyway.

I didn't embed them properly try again.

• Advertisement

19:23 of the long video, you have confirmation of the weapons.

"Six; This is Four. I got one individual looks like he's got an rpg round laying underneath him. Break."

I saw the main bits on Al Jazeera earlier. I just wanted to see the build up to the actual shootings.
    It's hardly that gruesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Disturbing and I think I'll have nightmares over this. Am shaking now.

It's hardly that gruesome.
    gbee wrote: »
    Disturbing and I think I'll have nightmares over this. Am shaking now.

I'm wrong apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

So, that's legitimate in your opinion Mark?

What the hell? No of course not. How did you reach that conclusion?

I was simply pointing out that the Taliban are fighting for a reason. They are people.

It's the concept that the 'enemy' is inherently evil with nothing but murder on their minds that causes so many wars, and ****s up so many lives.

You can be damned sure that the Taliban are pointing every time American forces kills innocents and says "look, they're evil. They don't care about us" in the same way that people attempt to portray the Taliban.

The Taliban are disgusting in the way they go on, and it's obviously wrong. But it's shocking how often people seem to forget that they are in fact actually fighting for a reason.

I'm wrong apparently.
    It's not gruesome. The most sickening part is the attitude of the pilot and gunner. Not as if you see body parts soaring through the air.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I'm sorry, but this isn't collateral damage, or a tragic mistake, it's murder. There was no real attempt to identify the those people in the video as insurgents, and a little care could have identified there were no weapons. From the very start no one acted in a suspicious manner, and it was clear that there was no RPG present, trained military personnel, especially those who operate this technology should know the difference.

I think these guys just wanted some action, they wanted to pull that trigger.

the sheer callousness when the operator was informed of the wounded child got me too. "oh well"

karma_ wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but this isn't collateral damage, or a tragic mistake, it's murder. There was no real attempt to identify the those people in the video as insurgents, and a little care could have identified there were no weapons. From the very start no one acted in a suspicious manner, and it was clear that there was no RPG present, trained military personnel, especially those who operate this technology should know the difference.

I think these guys just wanted some action, they wanted to pull that trigger.
    Eh, if it was so clear there was no RPG present, why was there an RPG warhead found at the scene under one of the guys bodies?

Also, crouching around a corner when there are US troops being fired upon and attack helicopters in the sky probably isn't acting suspicious at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Eh, if it was so clear there was no RPG present, why was there an RPG warhead found at the scene under one of the guys bodies?

Also, crouching around a corner when there are US troops being fired upon and attack helicopters in the sky probably isn't acting suspicious at all.

can you cite the source for this information?

I find it hard to believe a cameraman would find it necessary to haul an RPG warhead round with him, cameras see generally don't need them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Steeping back a bit, there is a couple of things.

1. Its a war zone.
    2. There was men carrying weapons. Some appeared to be carrying weapons including an RPG: wb3zgn.jpg
    3. The camera men there surely had enough experience to know that if Gunships turn up and see an enemy with guns, they had better get the hell out of there fast and not just walk with the men as if they are on a Sunday stroll!
    4. The men in the gunship were not blood thirsty killers despite in this case unfortunate deaths.
    See this later frame alone (safe - not gruesome) that shows the mentality of the soldiers: 15mecmt.jpg

Advertisement