Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to dispose of old engine oil

• 05-04-2010 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭

I know it's been asked many times before, but does anyone know a place that takes old engine oil?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Compudaro

kitchen_sink.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Compudaro wrote: »
    kitchen_sink.jpg
    takes to long to wash it down. The suir is handier . I normally just leave it in a basin until someone else in the house gets rid of it. Dunno where they bring it though.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Recycling centre. Maybe a friendly garage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Pay a man in a van, they all have a refuse license:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I just throw it over the fence in to the neighbours garden. Shes old and is never out so she wouldnt know any differ.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

VolvoMan wrote: »
    I know it's been asked many times before, but does anyone know a place that takes old engine oil?

Cheers.

Where you based Volvo? Most of the Waste Transfer stations have an oil tank for hazardous liquids and old paint and oil etc are collected and I suppose they are treated or fed into a high powered incinerator to be used as fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

I have a big 20 Litre container that i put my old oil in and when its full go to my local recycling centre and they dispose of it for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Stinicker wrote: »
    Where you based Volvo? Most of the Waste Transfer stations have an oil tank for hazardous liquids and old paint and oil etc are collected and I suppose they are treated or fed into a high powered incinerator to be used as fuel.

Yeah sorry, I forgot to say I'm based in South Dublin around the Dublin 14 area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

VolvoMan wrote: »
    Yeah sorry, I forgot to say I'm based in South Dublin around the Dublin 14 area.

Waste facility in Ballymount will take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

I Was VB wrote: »
    I have a big 20 Litre container that i put my old oil in and when its full go to my local recycling centre and they dispose of it for free.

Lying cnut, I saw you parking your heap over the drain last time you changed your oil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Lying cnut, I saw you parking your heap over the drain last time you changed your oil.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I Was VB wrote: »

The only serious answer, but this thread made me laugh! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

I've a manhole in the back garden. Tip the whole lot down, and it's somebody elses problem. Same with just about any liquid waste. And some solids. All gone. Illegal, technically... but really, does anyone give a sod?

Advertisement