Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bogus dog wardens......beware

Options
  • 05-04-2010 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all.
    Just a note to warn all dog owners, there appears to be a major scam going on at the moment. People are posing as legitimate dog wardens, and are removing dogs from owners if they are unable to produce dog licences.
    this has been happening in the louth, meath areas. And the ISPCA inspector has put a warning in all local papers.
    So please dont hand over your dog to anyone. and if you are suspicious, phone the guards.
    Once taken the dogs are being shipped out of the country, so little chance of getting them back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Thanks for the warning, but even a real dog warden would end up wit 2 black eyes if he tried to take my dog away from me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

This has been happening in galway too. Its sad how some people fall for it and hand over their pet. The worst a dog warden can do is fine you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Just wondering if this has received any coverage in the media, either local or national (apart from the notice from the dog warden)? If it did it may serve to warn unsuspecting owners who aren't fully aware of the dog warden's powers (i.e. that their dog can't simply be confiscated because they're not carrying their dog licence with them (or don't have one)).

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dragonlady

It was covered in the local newspapers around dundalk and drogheda, and I heard it on th local LMFM radio. dont think it got national coverage, .
    These people are obviously making a lot of money from this scam, so am sure the will just keep moving locality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

convert wrote: »
    Just wondering if this has received any coverage in the media, either local or national

There was an article in one of Galway's papers recently (Advertiser I think) about bogus wardens. I think word is getting around here about it anyway, anyone I know with a dog that I've mentioned it to knew about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

The same thing was happening in the Limerick area a few weeks ago too. Bit of a worrying trend, if you ask me. Mind you, I wouldn't part with my dog for anyone or anything!

Advertisement