Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from After Hours?

Options
  • 05-04-2010 6:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

In the Wind that Shakes the Barley thread there was a discussion about the depiction of the film. I made the point that film was accurate and made points about what I thought of the British establishment over their cruelty to Ireland.

TheZohan then gave me an infraction for calling them "b@stards" and when I asked him by PM did he think it was okay for the British to treat Irish people like and asked of his knowledge of Irish history. He then gave me a two day ban and called me a bigot for not agreeing it was ok for the British to kill Irish people.

The guy is clearly biased and is it the policy of Boards.ie that British Crimes in Ireland were OK and justified?? If so that is fairly sick that a website condone the killing of Irish people for speaking our native language.

TheZohan is biased and cleary not moderator material and should be stripped of the post immediate.

stinicker

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ordinarily I'd tell you to contact the mod or a CMod about moderation decisions, but seeing as you're making some fairly wild statements I'll deal with it now.
    Stinicker wrote: »
    In the Wind that Shakes the Barley thread there was a discussion about the depiction of the film. I made the point that film was accurate and made points about what I thought of the British establishment over their cruelty to Ireland.

Fair enough, everyone's entitled to an opinion, even about events 80 years ago.
    TheZohan then gave me an infraction for calling them "b@stards" and when I asked him by PM did he think it was okay for the British to treat Irish people like and asked of his knowledge of Irish history. He then gave me a two day ban and called me a bigot for not agreeing it was ok for the British to kill Irish people.

We generally don't go around calling people b*st*rds around here, even if that's what we really think. However, had it been me I would most certainly have infracted you for this anyway:
    The pity was the Civil War and that there was not Unity and invade the North and ethnically cleanse the Protestants there.

We dislike incitement to racial hatred a lot more than we dislike posters calling people b*st*rds. However, to address your point about the British being b*st*rds, I suppose it would be a futile exercise to point out to you that those who perpetrated crimes against Irish people 80-odd years ago are not the ones that are living today. Do you hate all Germans because of what their ancestors did in the 1930s and 40s?

Regarding the ban, I will speak to TheZohan about this before I make any comment on it.
    The guy is clearly biased and is it the policy of Boards.ie that British Crimes in Ireland were OK and justified?? If so that is fairly sick that a website condone the killing of Irish people for speaking our native language.

Whoa, that's some leap you've made there, from a moderator infracting and banning you for breaching forum rules to Boards condoning the killing of Irish people for speaking Irish. You may wish to look up perspective in the dictionary.
    TheZohan is biased and cleary not moderator material and should be stripped of the post immediate.

That's your opinion, but as I said earlier, everyone's entitled to one.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I spoke to TheZohan about your ban and it seems that you were banned and infracted at the same time. This is fair enough, it's a common mod action in some forums.

Advertisement