Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laguna 3.0?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

where do you think they got the engine for the Clio V6!

Bonnet looks a bit dodge, but it is a V6 auto with all the toys for 2500 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I thought you were a toyota man through and through. Thats like a republican marching in a orange parade:D I wouldnt think they are great

I am yeah, but I can spot the luxobarge potential in this yoke :D

I wouldn't buy it, but to be fair, anyone that buys one of these new probably looked after it.

I hate Lagunas, but i also like most things with a V6 in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

210bhp and top whack of 146mph, apparently, not too shabby..........but its road tax for two years covers the cost of it at €2500

Something like an Octavia vRS of similar age makes more sense but will cost a lot more initially!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Is the bonnet unlocked or is there a massive panel gap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Probably unlocked considering the fella took a picture of his momentous engine :D

you'd want to be getting it a bit cheaper considering the damage. could end up in the UK too I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Probably unlocked considering the fella took a picture of his momentous engine :D

Good point. I'd buy it in a heart beat... if it wasn't a Laguna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I'm a huge fan of French V6 rep mobiles myself. I've always had a hankering after a Peugeot 406 or Citroen Xantia V6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

VolvoMan wrote: »
    I'm a huge fan of French V6 rep mobiles myself. I've always had a hankering after a Peugeot 406 or Citroen Xantia V6.

You must have lots of money i was the same when i was younger i had 405 s until they broke me. Still love them 405s though:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,747 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The "Initiale" model was truly top of the range with pretty much all the bells & whistles that came with top end German saloons of the time. Performance should be fine and the car should be refined, but 210BHP out of 3 litres wasn't much to write home about in 2002. They got 255BHP from the same engine in the Clio V6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

unkel wrote: »
    The "Initiale" model was truly top of the range with pretty much all the bells & whistles that came with top end German saloons of the time. Performance should be fine and the car should be refined, but 210BHP out of 3 litres wasn't much to write home about in 2002. They got 255BHP from the same engine in the Clio V6.

Different markets though. People buying a v6 Laguna probably wont be useing it to go sideways too often, people buying a V6 Clio will :)

That Laguna seems to have gone sideways at least once ;)

Full?id=2790148

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I've an idea. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That Laguna seems to have gone sideways at least once ;)

Full?id=2790148

The gate piller probably moved when the missus was driving :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,747 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Stekelly wrote: »
    Different markets though. People buying a v6 Laguna probably wont be useing it to go sideways too often, people buying a V6 Clio will :)

I guess :)

The same engine went into 406 and C5 and they didn't have any more poke either. And I guess these were the only 2 competitors to the Laguna V6 anyway :D
    SV wrote: »
    I've an idea. :D

Stick that engine in your Clio and don't tell anyone (tax, insurance) you did it? Bold boy! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

The same engine went into 406 and C5 and they didn't have any more poke either. And I guess these were the only 2 competitors to the Laguna V6 anyway :D

You'd be surprised. The Vectra and Ford Mondeo were always available with a V6 in some for or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

You'd be surprised. The Vectra and Ford Mondeo were always available with a V6 in some for or another.

Strange that in the 90's they were the GT Primera and the GTi Carina, now they were not hot by any standards more luke warm, but most of the current manufactures mid size saloons have a ''sports'' versions, except most jap cars??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

The one's that've lasted this long are in good order. Just got the steering rack replaced on my 1.8 Laguna, because it's such a comfy driver, otherwise sound, and I really didn't want to go through the bother of getting another car.

Also pretty much theftproof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Stick that engine in your Clio and don't tell anyone (tax, insurance) you did it? Bold boy! :p

ah no not at all..similar though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

So were these......

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1137224

View2?id=2399653

Yummy :D

Advertisement