Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice has taste off it from a freezer but the water is fine

Options
  • 05-04-2010 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    we have an American style fridge freezer in the house... its a Whirlpool. over the last year the ice has a taste off it.... i emptied it all out and started from scratch again but still the same. i can't describe the taste but its not right anyways. the water is perfect and clean so it must be something to do with the whirlpool.
    anyone ever have any problem like this? would the taste be coming from the food in the freezer or maybe i need to change filters or something.

any ideas/advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Oisintarrant

I dont know wha causes it but Ive definitely noticed it. Like the taste of coke with ice from a particular ice box is wrank!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Probably need to change the filter, mine has a light to warn you that the filter needs changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

i did some searching last nite.... 50 euro for a new filter! that light came on just a few months after us getting the freezer so i reset it.... obviously a new filter is needed so. cheers lonestargirl; where did you get the filter? i seen it on 4whirlpool.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

thekooman wrote: »
    i did some searching last nite.... 50 euro for a new filter! that light came on just a few months after us getting the freezer so i reset it.... obviously a new filter is needed so. cheers lonestargirl; where did you get the filter? i seen it on 4whirlpool.ie.

Sorry, can't help with where to buy the filter as I live in Texas!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

thekooman wrote: »

Check ebay, you should be able to pick one up for half that price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement