Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for work

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kelly_10

Thanks for the replys guys, but the job is no longer available, not going ahead with it. Thanks anyway! I will keep you all in mind if something comes up again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Theres a big banner up outside Tesco Express saying Now recruiting...it looks old though but could be worth a try.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Theres a big banner up outside Tesco Express saying Now recruiting...it looks old though but could be worth a try.

Its for the new shop opening up opposite the hospital. They need 11 people but already have hundreds of applications to shift through

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tugboats wrote: »
    Its for the new shop opening up opposite the hospital. They need 11 people but already have hundreds of applications to shift through

In newcastle? is it where the old esso used to be?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

snubbleste wrote: »

ya

• Advertisement

How do you know its not for the new Tesco in Oranmore ?
    They've announced today it'll be opening sometime in the next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Because that will requre a lot more jobs. Tesco in newcastle is one of the new Tesco Express shops(if I recall) and required less staff.

All the students will have to venture less to get their buckfast

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭prionnsias

Anybody know when EA games are going to start recruiting for the more normal jobs and not the managerial positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Says on their site that they hope to be up and running in 2011. My guess is the new jobs will be a variation of Customer Support and tech for EA Bioware new mmorpg game Star Wars: The Old Republic which is questioned to be released around spring time. So my guess would be 3 month for applications and 1-2 months for hiring befor the game was launched.

Only my theory

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

snubbleste wrote: »

Where exactly is that, don't think I've seen it on my travels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Tugboats wrote: »

Jaysus they'll clean up there !!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

They are looking for a waitress in Gourmet Burger if anyone is interested. Saw a sign up on the window yesterday.

Sign on window looking for experienced shop assistant. Maloneys on corner of Mary St and Francis St.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Snapapple

Hello, I am looking for a cleaner in to do a couple of hours a day in the Salthill area if anyone could recommend someone, please let me know.
    Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

Hey,

I've just settled back into Galway after the summer, getting ready for the new college year. Alas, as the current economic environment is down the toilet, I'd like to get a part-time job to fit around college, evenings and weekends most likely. Anywhere that's hiring or likely to hire someone in my situation?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Smyths on the Headford Rd will be hiring shortly for the Christmas period.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

have a look around the galway shopping centre on headford rd, ive seen a few ads up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭brozio7

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

O' Learys beside Seapoint in Salthill are looking for part time staff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Seriously don't look on the internet, don't look on boards...go out and look, alot of places seem to just post in their shop windows now so they don't get flooded with mails and stuff.

I can't remember the places but I saw alot of signs on windows on the weekend. I know Gourmet Tart are looking, Happy Days usually are, somewhere by Edwards Square...guh it escapes me. Theres an Easons opening soon in the shopping centre...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Wompa1 wrote: »
    . Theres an Easons opening soon in the shopping centre...

Which Shopping Centre Wompa?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

the galway shopping centre on the headford rd. i just left o briens in there too so theyre hiring afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rosebud!

Hello everyone, just to let yous know there will be a job going in housekeeping in the Meyrick from the end of August. I'm leaving so they'll be looking for someone to do weekends :)

hope this helps!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭bigtuna

Mocha Beans down beside the train station are looking for staff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

Take a walk round Cross/High and Quay streets, am working in that area, there are currently 20 plus jobs advertised in the windows of various bars/restaurants/shops ...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 star_123

Hi everyone,
    I know in Today's economic situation it is proving more and more difficult to find work. However, i am a student in NUIG and i feel i wont be able to afford college without a Part time job. I am really hard working and particularly good with children and love working with them! If anyone knows of any positions i would be so appreciative.
    Thanking You.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Not sure OP but I think ya might wana be posting over here.

http://www.adverts.ie/showcat.php?cat=49

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

star_123 wrote: »
    job needed in galway city!
    Shock horror.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Start up a business as a fortune teller. Galway folk love that shyte

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement