Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest arcade sticks for ps3????

Options
  • 05-04-2010 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭

Basically I've two friends who are at a beginner level atm in street fighter but looking to get into it.

I've been showing them a thing or two and gave them a shot of my SE , and they're liking the idea of playing on stick (no street fighter thumb, easier to do super/ultra motion with charge characters )
    I've kinda been recommending the idea of trying stick to them as it'd be good to get them on stick early before they learn the game too much on pad making it harder if they switch to stick later on.
    So yeah they're looking to buy arcade sticks now. But as they're only beginners , not looking to spend 70 euro on an SE.

So I'm looking for literally, the cheapest arcade sticks for ps3 thats out there? Shops online or whatever.

Even 2nd hand cheapy ****ty sticks. Anything to get them started.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

To upgrade the Datel one needs some soldering though.

And stock buttons are contact switches, not microswitches.
    Not that it REALLY matters; my first stick was a Hori FS2.

Pity there are no cheap PS1/2 sticks anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Pity there are no cheap PS1/2 sticks anymore.

What about the Namco? Has that gone up massively in price in recent months? Couldn't find any on eBay (which might explain it), but I have trouble believing the going price is much more than £30. It's a great stick, though.

The Namco... yeah, SRK ruined it.

People are willing to trade TEs for an UNboxed one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Cheers guys!

And what would be the cheapest one would find in an actual shop? (If there's any still being sold) The Datal stick comes to 36.99.

Also if anyone has any cheap sticks they're looking to get rid of let me know , would have to work on ps3 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

I am looking to sell one of these for €25

http://www.itrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/hori-playstation-3-fighting-stick.jpg

I bought it in Gamestop for €60 last year for Street fighter.

Eh right, I've heard iffy stuff about that stick but I assume your in Dublin? Anyway I'm asking on behalf of 2 friends so I'd have to say it to them 1st obviously so I can't confirm interest atm.

But cheers for the offer, I'll PM you if one of them is interested. But don't wait up if you know someone else wanting buy it.

@ all

Anyway in the mean time, as this would only sort out 1 friend, any and all suggestions still welcome. :D

Hori sticks are grand... right until a button goes.

how often is that? If its as bad as an SE then that'd be an issue as SE's are bad for that but at least its piss easy to change a button.

Not as often as SE's; I'd give them 3-4months life at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Smyths are selling the Tekken Arcade Stick Bundle for €60 if you can find it,that is what I am using now,it is also a Hori Stick,but it is wireless,I used the €25 one for a week and then put it away,so if they last up to 4 months you still have more than 3 months life left in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If you get the Tekken 6 bundle, you can then just trade Tekken 6 into any of the shops that do cash trades to recoup some of your money.

The only real problem with that stick is that it's wireless only (No idea what it's like to mod).

Hori FS3 has better parts than the Madcatz SE, but is harder to mod.

FS3s are available to buy in most GAME shops though, unlike SEs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Does the tekken stick use hori parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Fairly certain it does. Chunkis has one and could probably give us a review.

I used the €25 one for a week and then put it away,so if they last up to 4 months you still have more than 3 months life left in it.

n1 i'll let my m8 know

FS3s are available to buy in most GAME shops though, unlike SEs.

How much they going for usually?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Koone_20

Unfortunately i'm using the Hori fs3 at the minute, it was a good starter stick but now i want to upgrade to a TE (hopefully) when i get the money. Only complaint i have about the Hori stick is that the buttons do go pretty fast, my triangle button only works when it wants to now which is pretty annoying during matches :(

Ouch, how long was it before it got like that?

Eh about 3-4 months. Sucks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

3 - 4 months is pretty good I think. No matter what, if you buy cheap you'll buy twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

the tekken sticks are in GAME Dawson st. They come with Tekken 6 and its only 50 euro in the sale.

• Advertisement

Tekken stick isnt much better though, standard Hori joystick and buttons, but for 50 quid its not a bad starter stick at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Fnutkrumpler

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    the tekken sticks are in GAME Dawson st. They come with Tekken 6 and its only 50 euro in the sale.

Thanks man, just picked up one of these today. I've been meaning to get Tekken 6 anyway, so this was very convenient.

To anyone else who plans on getting one, there's only one left now as far as I can see (for ps3) so you better hurry up.

Advertisement