Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

random pcworld stuff

Options
  • 05-04-2010 7:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭

did a bit of a pcworld round-up here are my results :)

dundalk: ide cables 50c, 4gb ddr2 (desktop) ram 40 quid, 800w psu 50 quid and loads others

navan: coolermaster cosmos 99 euro (230 on komplett :eek:), 700w psu 35 quid.

blanch: 1gb mp3 thumbdrive 3 euro, 939 cooler 2 euro, various stuff.

liffey: 1gb ddr2 laptop memory 4 euro, cooling fans 2 euro

there were many other bits and pieces cheap that were pre owned.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

currys:
    navan: have logik hdmi switch box for 2 euro.
    liffery: rechargable batteries for 2-4 euros

dundalk had a "no resonable offer refused" table, though all my offers were refused :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

davoxx wrote: »
    did a bit of a pcworld round-up here are my results :)

dundalk: ide cables 50c, 4gb ddr2 (desktop) ram 40 quid, 800w psu 50 quid and loads others

navan: coolermaster cosmos 99 euro (230 on komplett :eek:), 700w psu 35 quid.

blanch: 1gb mp3 thumbdrive 3 euro, 939 cooler 2 euro, various stuff.

liffey: 1gb ddr2 laptop memory 4 euro, cooling fans 2 euro

there were many other bits and pieces cheap that were pre owned.

If that is the cosmos s then it should be €40 or so. At least that's what I paid for it in there. That 700W power supply should be a Jeantech Storm. It's modular which is handy and it's quite a good power supply.

If that is the cosmos s then it should be €40 or so. At least that's what I paid for it in there. That 700W power supply should be a Jeantech Storm. It's modular which is handy and it's quite a good power supply.

€40 for the big silver one? http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=576276 that one is the one for 100 from 2-something.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

davoxx wrote: »
    €40 for the big silver one? http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=576276 that one is the one for 100 from 2-something.

Oh right. No the one I got was the cosmos s (link: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2008/02/22/cooler_master_cosmos_s/1). Great case although if you are using a TRUE 120 as you CPU cooler or something similar in height, you'll have to remove the 230mm fan on the side of the case. Either that or take a saw to the fan. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Dundalk store: I got a XFX GeForce GTS250 1GB Core Edition graphics card for 140, got it home and the thing was well broken and to be honest looked like someone had it before me.

They also had two Intel Celeron Processor & Motherboard bundles for €9.97, not sure if they still have them as it was Friday when I was in.

• Advertisement

should also mention that currys had 3 or 4 senniozer (can be bothered to spell it correctly now) headphones for 50% off as well as some rca 5m extensions for 2 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,184 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

pc world carrigmines seemed to have 2 gts250 core edition 1gb cards for 99€ and 3 wii's at a few different prices. The boxes were in various condition, one of the wii boxes mentioned some parts missing

Advertisement