Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duty Free!

Options
  • 05-04-2010 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hello.. was just wondering has anyone lately been in France and gone shopping at the airport as I am going next Tuesday (13/04) and want to get some cigarettes in the duty free and was wondering does anyone know the price of a carton at the airport?

Any imformation would be greatly apprectiated!

Cheers! rolleyes.gif

Comments

There is no duty free for travel within the EU.

I don't think they even sell that in Carnmore - just tacky tshirts etc.

http://www.galwayairport.com/airport_info/Shopping/23

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

miss polly wrote: »
    Hello.. was just wondering has anyone lately been in France and gone shopping at the airport as I am going next Tuesday (13/04) and want to get some cigarettes in the duty free and was wondering does anyone know the price of a carton at the airport?

Any imformation would be greatly apprectiated!

Cheers! rolleyes.gif

all Duty free sales ended in Galway Airport about 10 years ago, since you cannot get duty free on flights within the EU, and there are no routes from Galway to outside the EU...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 miss polly

I know its technically not duty free but its definately has to be cheaper! Im talking about the airport in Paris on the way home not here for buying. I'm not flying from Galway Airport anyways, Im flying from Dublin and coming home to Shannon, messed up I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

miss polly wrote: »
    I'm not flying from Galway Airport anyways, Im flying from Dublin and coming home to Shannon, messed up I know.

Then why did you post it in the Galway forum? :confused:

I live in Galway, I needed to post in somewhere so I posted it here. And the question was had anyone been shopping at a French airport (ie. been on holidays in France lately) which I'm sure people from Galway have!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37

Posting in the forum above might be better OP.

Thanks!! :)

I got my hair cut in Charles De Gaulle airport once - I don't recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

There is no duty free for travel within the EU.

I don't think they even sell that in Carnmore - just tacky tshirts etc.

http://www.galwayairport.com/airport_info/Shopping/23

I could have sworn I got duty free stuff on a trip to Manchester...

Did I dream that MAC shopping spree? Or maybe I was just saving money 'cause of the pound? Hmmm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement