Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions for Mungret recycling centre?

Options
  • 05-04-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭

I know how to get to Mungret but where exactly is the recycling plant?

Is it free if it's just electrical goods?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Out the Dock Road, past the entrance to the cement factory on the right.

Ring ahead, I think they're only open certain hours/days - and I think they charge something like €13 per carload now, too.
    The number is in the Local Services section of the Phone Book, under Lim'k Co. Co.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

If you are getting rid of a TV or something and tell them that at the barrier then its free.

If you have a car load of stuff then you will probably be charged a small fee.

Mungret Civic Amenity Centre
    Bunlicky
    Mungret
    Tel: 061 305 720
    Mob: 087 748 9130

Tuesday: 10am to 5pm
    Wednesday: 10am to 5pm
    Thursday: 10am to 5pm
    Friday 10am to 5pm
    Saturday: 10am to 5pm Charges
    €5.00 Car
    €12.00 Car + Trailer
    €12.00 Light Van

If you are coming out from town you head out from the cement factory roundabout and you will see it on your left before you get to the soccer pitch on the right. Heading towords Mungret You cant miss it really its quite big!
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If it is just electrical equipment you have then Hegarty's on the Tipperary Road (next to the Topez station) will recycle it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Car costs €5.00 but if it's all electrical then it's free.

As is the City Council yard (Park Rd) near Musgraves and Hegarty's on Tipp Rd.

Edit - forgot to add the directions.

From the Rounadbout on the Dock Rd near the level crossing, head out towards Mungret, cross the level crossing, small indistrial estate on your left, past this, pass the entrance (to nothing :)) on your left then you'll come to a filter lane on your left for the recycling centre, head in here and keep in right lane once you enter the site, the left lane is for the dog compound (I think), you head the whole way in and the turn to come back out before you can get to the actual entrance barrier.

Advertisement