Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

central heating tripping the trip switch

Options
  • 05-04-2010 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭

hi folks

only started to happen this evening and wondering if you could share the knowledge!!

wheneve i turn the central heating on in my home it causes the switch to trip on the main circuit board.

the heating system is donkeys years old, and weve had trouble with the thermostat before aswell.

any ideas what could be wrong??

thanks in advance
    jossnjuice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

find out if it's 'circulating pump/s' or 'boiler' first

could be the control wiring to boiler/pump but less likely

is it gas or oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

M cebee wrote: »
    find out if it's 'circulating pump/s' or 'boiler' first

could be the control wiring to boiler/pump but less likely

is it gas or oil?

its definitelty gas, and theres a boiler in behind our fire in the sitting room. the pump has been making noise for a good few months now, even after getting a new themostat installed, thats all i can tell ay!! as you probably can tell im not that savvy when it comes to domestic appliances!!

cheers again.

you've a 'back boiler' and a 'gas boiler' so

could well be....thats the height of my ignorance on the matter!!

you'll prob need a technician even if you go through the basic troubleshooting

• Advertisement

cheers mate, for all your help...thought i would!!!

turned out to be the motor on under the floorboards upstairs.....messy job but all sorted now.

cheers for all your help.

Advertisement