Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport to Ballybrit Business Estate/Boston Scientific

Options
  • 05-04-2010 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I'm really sorry, there's prob a lot of transport pages regarding this, but I've looked and can't find the info I need! I'm starting work beside Boston Scientific tomorrow, and need a bus from Eyre Square.

Is it the number 3 bus I get. Will that literally pass the estate? Also will an 8 o clock bus get you there on time for 9, or would half 7 be safer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

I'm pretty sure it's the 9 you need, not the 3...
    Coming out from town in the morning shouldn't be too long, but I would aim for the 8.15 bus from the square, not the 8.30 just in case....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

No, definitely NOT the 9: it takes you to BriarHill, not Ballybrit.

OP The bus you want is labelled HP, or Compaq, or APC .. it leaves the back of the Railway station near the inspector's office at 8:05am, goes up Bohermore, Wellpark, Monivea Rd (picking up along the way). You'd be at work by 8:30, if not 8:20.

If you get the #3, you need to factor in a good 15 minutes walk into the estate.

this map describes the estate layout, and shows you the #3 bus route (it doesn't go inside and the stops are a fair way away, on the wrong side the the Morris RAB)

This map describes the wider neighbourhood and transport links.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

Def get the HP bus. You will be there before 8.30. It leaves again at about 5.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Get yourself a bike, its a 10-15 minute cycle and it'll save you a fortune in time and money, getting a 07:30 or 08:00 bus for an 09:00 start is madness. Or just get to know people out in Boston, there was plenty of carpooling going on when I was there, someone will give you a lift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭N1njapirate

Thanks for all your help! I wanted to know for my first day. I'm actually working at a place in the estate, called Cappella. I can start work at 8 if I want, and the half 7 bus no. 3 from Eyre square got me to the estate. It was a short walk from there... I've walked home for the last few days, seeing as it was nice weather, but a bicycle isn't a bad idea. It just wouldn't be ideal for the wet Galway days!

I really have to check out the APC that leaves at half 5!

Thanks again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement