Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think Kilkenny city and county forums should be merged???

Options
  • 05-04-2010 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭

Mods, if you don't approve, remove this.

Because Kilkenny county forum gets almost no traffic, would ye support a merge between Kilkenny city and county forums and just call it Kilkenny?

I don't want to put it in Forum Requests unless its supported.

Kilkenny county forum gets almost no traffic and when someone posts a question it often doesn't get answered for ages or sometimes not at all. A general Kilkenny forum would be better for everyone I think.

Opinions???

Do you think Kilkenny city and county forums should be merged??? 24 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 24 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 fergalmejergal

Yeah ****ing definitely !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Yeah ****ing definitely !

Agree with you 100%, we're really not big enough.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I seem to recall this coming up before a long time ago and things were left as they are. Personally I think it would make more sense to merge the two forums - like Captain Havoc pointed out, we're not big enough :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Well i'll leave it a few days and then if everyones still in favour i'll make a thread in forum requests . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I agree. it's different in say Waterford for instance where they have two other large urban centre other than the city itself. Kilkenny only has Kilkenny so I don't see the need for seperate forums.

• Advertisement

mfitzy wrote: »
    I agree. it's different in say Waterford for instance where they have two other large urban centre other than the city itself. Kilkenny only has Kilkenny so I don't see the need for seperate forums.

don't start insulting thomastown now!!!! large urban centre that it is . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

True. Sure Kilkenny's a suburb of Thomastown :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Yea merging the two is definitely a good idea, and id support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

Damn I went writing out my huge answer(3 lines) in the county one of these, now noone will ever get to see it.......

:D

Just thought this is actually a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Sure you can't even get broadband in a fair few places in Co. Kilkenny. I'd say most of the people who use this forum are from the city (Just a guess). They definitely should be merged.

• Advertisement

Apparently we're not meant to discuss things like this in any forum other than feedback, so if a mod could lock this please??? Thanks.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

FWIW I agree

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement