Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer courses

Options
  • 05-04-2010 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm a student so i'll have about 3/4 months off this summer.

Are there any courses that last only a couple of months?

I'm doing business in college, business courses would be good, even IT. Would look great on the CV.

But also some courses for my own personal development like " DIY skills for dummies" or something.

Is there any online courses that only last a short time too?

If i do an online course, can i put it on my CV, how would i prove i did it?

I'll be a full-time student again in late September and i wouldn't be able to take on an evening course as i get a heavy work load in college.

Thanks for any suggestions.

EDIT : Also if they are free, it would be a big help, being a student with no job lol. But i'll still consider fee paying ones. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭lollb

Hi

Id recommend you to look at irishtraining.ie, they do distance learning courses. In relation to your current course i would recommend you look at supervisory management, I found it to be a help when i did Business Studies. They say the courses take approx 6 months, however if you settle down to it you would have it completed in 2 - 3 months. Hope this is of some help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

lollb wrote: »
    Hi

Id recommend you to look at irishtraining.ie, they do distance learning courses. In relation to your current course i would recommend you look at supervisory management, I found it to be a help when i did Business Studies. They say the courses take approx 6 months, however if you settle down to it you would have it completed in 2 - 3 months. Hope this is of some help

Thanks for the quick reply lollb!

I'll have a look at that course,

Cheers:pac:

Advertisement