Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first time handgun

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

Pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Vinniew

FISMA wrote: »
    The P22 has come a long way from the first offering when the firearm was plagued with jams. Since then, they have fixed magazines, however, it is still a far cry from the best that's out there.

The P22 and the Mosquito look cool, however, we need to know:
    1) what do you want to do
    2) how much do you want to spend

As someone else mentioned, the most bang for the buck is the Ruger series.
    Have a look here
    http://www.impactguns.com/store/ruger_rimfire_handguns.html
    I would recommend this one
    http://www.impactguns.com/store/736676101108.html

If you can afford the Hammerli and match target stuff, work away!

The 22lr is just an inferior round. It takes a very well designed auto to digest this round and spit out empties without problem.

Have you considered a revolver? Taurus makes some nice 7-shot 22LR's.

Now there's a mouthful...22lr is an inferior round? tell that to some of the lads that shoot target rifle, bench, pistol etc.!
    Inferior to what I'd luv to know.

With regard to the p22.....the only improvement I can see for one of those is to weld the barrell closed and fill the action with epoxy resin....and make a keyring from them.
    the most inaccurate piece of ****e I've ever seen. have seen this first hand in rathdrum....afaik they're banned on that range now. and they look like ****e too.

The exesse is an extremely accurate pistol.....but I've seen bits fall off them during competitions...they're built down to a budget....probably ok if ur willing to maintain it every couple of hundred rounds or so....small niggles but niggles none the less....sights vibrating off etc.

the hammerli sp20 is a fine match gun....but the chassis has a habbit of fracturing....fact.

Vin

Advertisement