Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve - Interview/Report-Writing (see Moderator note: POST#1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭I'm listening

hey man iv the interview soon for the reserves any direction in whats the interview like what questions are you asked

Just look over previous posts in the Reserve thread, you will find them all there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 never tap out.

Hi guys/dolls hows it going ? Iam pretty new to this so be gentle! was just wondering if anyone else who done th written/interview on 9/9/09 is at the same stage a myself for GR ? i have passed written/interview handed in BR and also had to do gr4 because iam from the north ? ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Good point willit - I got email confirmation that my application was accepted but I haven't received any phone calls to arrange an interview time yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

funkyflea wrote: »
    Good point willit - I got email confirmation that my application was accepted but I haven't received any phone calls to arrange an interview time yet.

As far as I remember I received one months' notice with an e-mail closer the date with the specific date and time for both interview and report-writing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Got my suit and all ready. I know interviews are held 1st / 2nd dec in my area but I havent been given a time yet..when should I know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

funkyflea wrote: »
    Got my suit and all ready. I know interviews are held 1st / 2nd dec in my area but I havent been given a time yet..when should I know?

I suspect you would receive a letter this week informing you of exact date and time being honest. A month's notice if the average but 3weeks notice, sur how bad ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bubba1990

Hi i just did my Garda reserve interview today 12/11/09. The interview itself went well i thought better than i expected anyway. The only negative point about the interview was that the ex-supernintendant kept interrupting me but, other than that, they were very nice people. The written test i have mixed fellings about instead of doin the report in 1 big paragraph i did it in little paragraphs i really am prayin that this isnt a problem does any1 think it was ok to do that??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

bubba1990 wrote: »
    Hi i just did my Garda reserve interview today 12/11/09. The interview itself went well i thought better than i expected anyway. The only negative point about the interview was that the ex-supernintendant kept interrupting me but, other than that, they were very nice people. The written test i have mixed fellings about instead of doin the report in 1 big paragraph i did it in little paragraphs i really am prayin that this isnt a problem does any1 think it was ok to do that??????
    I did something similar myself (and passed). Don't sweat it.

That's funny about the interrupting superintendant. My one at interview was the same.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bubba1990

EGOSHEA wrote: »
    I did something similar myself (and passed). Don't sweat it.

That's funny about the interrupting superintendant. My one at interview was the same.:)

Thanks very much I really appreciate that its made me feel alot better about it. I have been sick all day with worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hogan86

i sent my application form off today for interview and written report which are being held in march april and may.

how long should it be before i hear a reply back and will it be email or a fonecall?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭tcd

Hi guys,
    just wondering is there a point of me applying for the reserve forces as I'm only 19 and you wouldn't say I have a lot of volunteering experience. But I am fit and go to the gym regularly. I got pretty high points in my leaving without bragging and am in college now. is there a point in applying?
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

tcd wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    just wondering is there a point of me applying for the reserve forces as I'm only 19 and you wouldn't say I have a lot of volunteering experience. But I am fit and go to the gym regularly. I got pretty high points in my leaving without bragging and am in college now. is there a point in applying?
    cheers

i was only 18 when i joined and i can only recommend it to anyone who wishes to get an experince whether they wana join full time or not... its a great help...

Thanks, think i will apply.
    Since you're in the force yourself, can you tell me the actual powers of arresting for a reservist? im confused when looking around on the net..
    cheers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

There's a thread in the forum called GR Powers.

It answers your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jmc1546

i cant seem to find out how to apply on publicjobs.ie :( any help?

Here is a link to where you register for the reserve.
    Just follow everything its says and you wont go wrong.

Link: http://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/en/star/goToJobDetails.do?id=76

Thanks, i applied there for it online. anyone know how long normally it takes for it to get a reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jmc1546

No problem.

Its a toss up to how long it can take. It depends on when the interviews are comming around to your local area.

Get used to waiting its a big part of the process.

I also suggest that you post general questions in the Garda Reserve Force thread or start a new one it will keep the threads content specific for GR Powers. Also there is a better chance of getting a more informed quick responce.

John.

I applied last night which was the 22 of feb for the reserve online..does anyone know of when you first get first contact off the gards themselves just so i know my application has gone through and does anyone know of when they are taking in more reservists?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

I applied last night which was the 22 of feb for the reserve online..does anyone know of when you first get first contact off the gards themselves just so i know my application has gone through and does anyone know of when they are taking in more reservists?

Interviews have already started. I applied back in August and have my interview soon

so i can expect to wait around 5 months for an interview?after you applied back in august online,how long did it take for you to get a call back or any sort of contact?they didn't leave ya hangin for months did they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

so i can expect to wait around 5 months for an interview?after you applied back in august online,how long did it take for you to get a call back or any sort of contact?they didn't leave ya hangin for months did they?
    You won't necessarily be waiting for five months - it all depends on the extent to which your submission of application is in line with upcoming interviews (e.g. mine took only about 2/3 months from submission to interview).

Also, it will be the PAS people who will be handling your application up to the point of first interview and written test - it's only after this that the Garda Reserve office will be dealing with it.

Sit back and enjoy the wait! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

Applied on PublicJobs.ie - 28/08/2009
    Was contacted and told to submit App - Mid December
    1st Interview - Today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

Tripp wrote: »
    Applied on PublicJobs.ie - 28/08/2009
    Was contacted and told to submit App - Mid December
    1st Interview - Today

Hi There,
    There is treads on boards.ie i think one is called "introduce yourself" and it gives an insight into how long you will wait, and what to expect. It really much depends on alot of things (your backround checks - area of deployment etc etc), as for myself- from application to start of phase one in templemore was 5 months but that was nearly 3 years ago so things may have changed!, others here have been waiting over a one and half years to get called for a medical or return of back-round checks!!!! Good luck (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭robo008

i applied back in september i think it was. I recieved an email with an application form for the interview. The interviews are taking place March 9th to 11th the email said. I sent off the application for interview monday last week and have not heard anything back about a date for my interview. How long were others waiting for interview at this stage?

robo008 wrote: »
    i applied back in september i think it was. I recieved an email with an application form for the interview. The interviews are taking place March 9th to 11th the email said. I sent off the application for interview monday last week and have not heard anything back about a date for my interview. How long were others waiting for interview at this stage?

Refer to my pervious post :)

i applied but i dont know if im wasting my time. i have been arrested before and received a caution..wasting my time people or nt?

i applied but i dont know if im wasting my time. i have been arrested before and received a caution..wasting my time people or nt?

Depends on what it was... your age when you done it... ask your local Garda station for advice on this matter.

Got my interview and exam date today :) thank god this process is beginning to start

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Got my interview and exam date today :) thank god this process is beginning to start

well done! now your playing the waiting game.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭greydiamond

Did you get your interview time and date through e-mail or post? Still waiting on mine, might give them a ring if I don't have it by 3 today. Just have to try get a day off work for it next week.

Advertisement