Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve - Interview/Report-Writing (see Moderator note: POST#1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shaunerz

Interview tomorow. Really nervous about it :confused: any last minute advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭tcd

shaunerz wrote: »
    Interview tomorow. Really nervous about it :confused: any last minute advice?

Don't be nervous, had mine today and it went easier than expected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Got an email this morning saying there's an interview phase between May and September. Last applications must be in by 20th May. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 clare33

hi has any one got called for interview next thursday i got a letter yesterday

hi i got letter in the post yesterday on my birthday would you belive i have interview and written exam on 6th of may . nerves are kicking in now

• Advertisement

clare33 wrote: »
    hi i got letter in the post yesterday on my birthday would you belive i have interview and written exam on 6th of may . nerves are kicking in now

Its really not that bad..

Its really not that bad..
    i hope not , how long have you your none

i hope not , how long have you your none

I Done mine last week, waiting on them to say if i passed or failed. I was REALLY woried about the interview, but when i got in they were very nice so that made me relax a bit, try not to worry so much about it.

Got letter today, i passed my interview and exam...onto phase 2...yeay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭we3gkfu6qit95s

Got letter today, i passed my interview and exam...onto phase 2...yeay!
    Congrats :)
    Welcome to patientville :)

• Advertisement

Congrats :)
    Welcome to patientville :)

I know...ha. im dreading filling out the BR form, its sooo long :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭we3gkfu6qit95s

I know...ha. im dreading filling out the BR form, its sooo long :(
    hahaha ahh i know but just try get it done asap quicker the better :)
    its a long wait i hope it pays of for me..

hi, i did my interview this morning , and the written exam at lunchtime so have to wait now and see if i passed . fingers crossed

I passed my interview and exam i just found out..the BR form form has to be filled out on the pc and sent where?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Dubbhoy

tcd wrote: »
    I passed my interview and exam i just found out..the BR form form has to be filled out on the pc and sent where?

That form u must print out and bring it to ur local station where they send it back to HR !! Should say on the back of it very last page !

Oh right was confused because it said no handwritten forms will be accepted, i get what it meant now, just do it on th PC and then print it out and bring it to the station..cheers

hi ya when did you do it

hi ya when did you do it

Did it wednesday two weeks ago in dublin city

Did it wednesday two weeks ago in dublin city
    hi thanks for that i did mine yesterday in ennis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Theallad

Hi there everyone

Alan here

I applied on Apr 8th this year and have the interview and written exam on may 19th in dublin city centre

lookin forward to it, bit cautious about the interview, dont want to get caught out with anything

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

Theallad wrote: »
    Hi there everyone

Alan here

I applied on Apr 8th this year and have the interview and written exam on may 19th in dublin city centre

lookin forward to it, bit cautious about the interview, dont want to get caught out with anything

Just be yourself and you ll do fine they're not trying to catch you out at all.:cool:

Just had my written exam and interview today, think it went well, fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Just had my written exam and interview today, think it went well, fingers crossed

Me too. In Dublin?

Me too. In Dublin?

Yeah in chapter house, interview was at 10.15 written exam at one, i was wearing a blue tie black suit ? which one were you ? how'd you find it

Yeah in chapter house, interview was at 10.15 written exam at one, i was wearing a blue tie black suit ? which one were you ? how'd you find it

Yeah it went fine. Confident enough. I was the last man into the exam, wearing a blue shirt.

Got the letter today telling me that I have passed the interview and written assessment.

Anyone else who did theirs in Chapter House on the 19th of May hear back yet?

Got the letter today telling me that I have passed the interview and written assessment.

Anyone else who did theirs in Chapter House on the 19th of May hear back yet?

Yeah i got a letter this morning, passed as well now for the long wait :-) fair play anyway man

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jenny81

lavman wrote: »
    Finally got word on my medical after waiting over a year for checks to be completed. Can anyone give me a heads up on what they do for the medical at the Garda headquaters? I've to fill out a form to bring me with and get it signed by my G.P. Do they have there own doctor to carry out tests on the day.

Hi, just wondering roughly how long you were waiting for your medical from the time your br checks started?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭DavidH82

Does anyone know if you are told that you have passed your background checks? Or is it just a case of being called for a medical?

I presume they send some kind of of PFO letter if you fail your checks. Has anyone been unfortunate enough to get one? Would they give any reason as to why you failed or do they just say your application wasn't accepted.

I remember a guy on here from Kerry who was failed on this but I can't remember his username or find his posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭halfback5

May I ask what are you expected to wear for the interview,A full suit or is shirt and jeans ok?

Advertisement