Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve - Interview/Report-Writing (see Moderator note: POST#1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 clare33

nice shirt and pance should do thats what the guys were wareing the day i did mine

i mean pants

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭halfback5

clare33 wrote: »
    i mean pants

haha, I knew what you meant anyways, thanks for the reply though. what stage are you at now?

halfback5 wrote: »
    haha, I knew what you meant anyways, thanks for the reply though. what stage are you at now?
    hi i am waitin on the back ground checks now i sent it off in june when is you interview

clare33 wrote: »
    hi i am waitin on the back ground checks now i sent it off in june when is you interview

have my interview and report writing on the 20th, so a bit of nerves for the next while!
    Whats the interview like, any tips:D?

• Advertisement

have my interview and report writing on the 20th, so a bit of nerves for the next while!
    Whats the interview like, any tips:D?
    i found the interview grand , they were really nice , they ask you a lot about how you involve yourself in your community, the written exam was ok you really need to concentrate but it was fine, once you keep your head about you and listen to the questions they ask you you will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Keep this thread on-topic please!

If you have any general info on Reserves please post in here. Anything off-topic, non reserve related-here is okay. I've moved over some posts, please don't make me move more. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

got a question for all those that have been through the first interview for the reserves,got my interview and report writing thing on tommoro and was wondering what way i should dress my self for it, is it a suit and tie job or normal casual sunday clothes kinda thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

Suit and tie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Godofhellfire

passed the interview and written test! just handed in the BR form so now we play the waiting game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 laurahq

hey i have my interview coming up soon and i was wondering would you advise to get some sort of help or prep from someone who knows more about what to expect for the interview and writing excercise??

laurahq wrote: »
    hey i have my interview coming up soon and i was wondering would you advise to get some sort of help or prep from someone who knows more about what to expect for the interview and writing excercise??

pm i'd only be glad to answer your questions, have recently passed my interview and report writing test

pm i'd only be glad to answer your questions, have recently passed my interview and report writing test

Delighted you would be only glad to answer any questions. We welcome that here on this discussion forum.

This is as I said a discussion forum so anyone feel free to post your advice and experience in our threads.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 laurahq

Is it true that you are called back for a second interview??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 carlbre

hi all,

i have my interview and written test tomorrow, my only worry is that i have never really done much community work before. a few small things, hopefully this will be enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭eru123

carlbre wrote: »
    hi all,

i have my interview and written test tomorrow, my only worry is that i have never really done much community work before. a few small things, hopefully this will be enough.

Dont let that worry you. You dont need to be extremely involved in your community to pass. I am not involved at all really and i passed.
    Just make sure you dont lie about dong community work if you havent! They will catch you out if you do and this will look bad.
    Just stick to what you have done and dont be afraid to say that that is all you've done.
    If you commmunicate well and have your scenarios ready to go then you will fly it, regardless of little community work.
    Best of luck.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Could someone please give me some advice on what sort of clothes to wear for the interview ?

Thanks !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

3fullback wrote: »
    Could someone please give me some advice on what sort of clothes to wear for the interview ?

Thanks !

Business Dress or Smart Casual

Shirt, tie, slacks, shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

Suit. Dress to impress :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 carlbre

eru123 wrote: »
    Dont let that worry you. You dont need to be extremely involved in your community to pass. I am not involved at all really and i passed.
    Just make sure you dont lie about dong community work if you havent! They will catch you out if you do and this will look bad.
    Just stick to what you have done and dont be afraid to say that that is all you've done.
    If you commmunicate well and have your scenarios ready to go then you will fly it, regardless of little community work.
    Best of luck.:)

thanks eru123! got word yesterday that i have passed the written test and the interview. onwards to the background check and the physical!

carlbre wrote: »
    thanks eru123! got word yesterday that i have passed the written test and the interview. onwards to the background check and the physical!

Great stuff, well done:) the long wait starts now!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Falony

hi
    I just applied to the garda reserve and i sent my application off yesterday could anyone tell me whats the procedure that will follow??????????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

How long after completion of the interview did it take for public jobs to get in contact to say you were successful ?? and will they tell you if you were'nt ?

Falony wrote: »
    hi
    I just applied to the garda reserve and i sent my application off yesterday could anyone tell me whats the procedure that will follow??????????????????????

Publicjobs will contact you when interviews in your area come up. They will then ask you to fill out the form and email it / send it to them, but since you've this done already i'd say they will just ring you and allocate you an interview date, when the interviews come up that is.

3fullback wrote: »
    How long after completion of the interview did it take for public jobs to get in contact to say you were successful ?? and will they tell you if you were'nt ?

I received word on being successful after 1 week. You will receive a letter either way, either saying "We are pleased..." or "Unfortunately..." usually within 1 week to 10days after you done your interview & report-writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

hi Ive my interview on the 25th in killarney.im from cork will this mean I will have to be a reserve in Kerry if successful or will i get cork?

A.G.S wrote: »
    hi Ive my interview on the 25th in killarney.im from cork will this mean I will have to be a reserve in Kerry if successful or will i get cork?

Welcome to our Reserve forum. Where you sit your interview and do your report-writing exam is in no way an indication of where you will be stationed as a reserve.

Best of Luck at your Stage1 :)

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Welcome to our Reserve forum. Where you sit your interview and do your report-writing exam is in no way an indication of where you will be stationed as a reserve.

Best of Luck at your Stage1 :)

thanks! just needed clarification.

• Advertisement

hi guys is there anything i should bring with me to the interview? like a c.v etc

Advertisement