Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve - Interview/Report-Writing (see Moderator note: POST#1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 markpq

Hi guys, just recently joined this site bear with me.

I received my letter from the Garda Reserve to attend an interview next Tuesday. Feeling OK about it the only thing is I haven't got much to say about being involved in my community. I've fund raised for events at work but that's it, just looking for some advice. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

markpq wrote: »
    Hi guys, just recently joined this site bear with me.

I received my letter from the Garda Reserve to attend an interview next Tuesday. Feeling OK about it the only thing is I haven't got much to say about being involved in my community. I've fund raised for events at work but that's it, just looking for some advice. Cheers
    Talk about the fund raising events then. Also it can be anything youve done for someone else...cutting a neighbors lawn for instance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

markpq wrote: »
    . Feeling OK about it the only thing is I haven't got much to say about being involved in my community.

community involvement can be anything

have you ever played for a local sports club? did they ever organise sports days/open days/feiles in which you helped out?

scouts, youth clubs, community clean up days - anything of that sort

have you ever helped out and visited elderly neighbors, picked up a few messages for em?

its all relevant and it all adds up

you want to demonstrate to the interview panel that your not a me feinner and that you realise that there are more people in this world than just you and that you can give without needing or seeking reward

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭rookie1470

Hi folks,

Got my letter for exam and interview in Athlone next Wednesday. Just wondering if anyone has done the exam and interview lately and has anything changed from previous comments??
    Also what did most of Ye wear to interview?? Shirt & tie ???
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

rookie1470 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Got my letter for exam and interview in Athlone next Wednesday. Just wondering if anyone has done the exam and interview lately and has anything changed from previous comments??
    Also what did most of Ye wear to interview?? Shirt & tie ???
    Cheers

Has not changed at all really. Dress to impress suit if you can, but slacks, shoes, shirt and tie.

• Advertisement

@msg11, cheers for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 scoobydave

Hi guys,
    I applied for the GR 8 months ago,and received my letter last Wednesday that my interview is this Thursday in athlone.I'm nervous like everyone would be and to be honest its actually my first real interview as I've been working on the building sites for 10 years.as for voluntary work all I have is been chairman off a supporters club.im hoping its enough,any tips for on the day would be highly appreciated.

@scoobydave, have a look at this thread from the beginning. There are very good tips within and as per my question things havnt changed in the 6 years. My exam & interview is tomorrow in athlone so if I come across anything different I will post it here. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 30 scoobydave

rookie1470 wrote: »
    @scoobydave, have a look at this thread from the beginning. There are very good tips within and as per my question things havnt changed in the 6 years. My exam & interview is tomorrow in athlone so if I come across anything different I will post it here. Best of luck

best of luck mate,hope all goes well for you.PM me tomorrow and let me know how you get on.had a good look through the threads and it has put my mind at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Hi lads/ladies,

I went for the interview today and the report.

im happy enough with myself.. answered everything to my best

Wish you all the best of luck..

Worth putting the effort in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question for one of you if you wouldn't mind answering it?

On the application, the second line from the top that you have to fill in it says "candidate number" is this just your pps number as I can not think of any other candidate number and it is also not marked "for office use only"

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

dunner515 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick question for one of you if you wouldn't mind answering it?

On the application, the second line from the top that you have to fill in it says "candidate number" is this just your pps number as I can not think of any other candidate number and it is also not marked "for office use only"

Thanks

Leave it blank, its for public jobs, they will fill that in when your called for interview don't worry! and good luck :) be prepared for a long wait tho

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

A.G.S wrote: »
    Leave it blank, its for public jobs, they will fill that in when your called for interview don't worry! and good luck :) be prepared for a long wait tho

Thanks for the reply. When I login to public jobs it has my candidate number there. I don't mind if I'm in for a long wait as all I have is time on my shoulders my friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mcfrizzles93

Anyone else get a call for an interview the week after next ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 luke83

Hi. I am a new on Boards.ie.
    I received phone call last Saturday and lady invite me for an interview in 2 weeks time. I am from Galway. Anyone from this area?

luke83 wrote: »
    Hi. I am a new on Boards.ie.
    I received phone call last Saturday and lady invite me for an interview in 2 weeks time. I am from Galway. Anyone from this area?

Got my call yesterday for Galway, did they give you an exact date?, I was just told the week after next.

Lady I spoke with, said they're going to send us confirmation via post with dates and all necessary info.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

Hi, I have also applied but I am based in Tipperary - has anyone from Tipperary received a call.? .how long we're you waiting in Galway

thesamster wrote: »
    Hi, I have also applied but I am based in Tipperary - has anyone from Tipperary received a call.? .how long we're you waiting in Galway

I sent my application 8 months ago. I was waiting quite long for any response.
    How about You?

Waiting now about 3 months was told maybe 5 or 6 months so a bit to go yet . You had a bit of time to think about it so good luck with it let us know how you get on

• Advertisement

Hi.
    Just had interview and written exam yesterday. I think interview went well but I didn't finish written part. I described about 3/4 of whole story. I hope that was enaugh to pass.
    Anybody else did it in Galway?

Any news on how the interview went yet or will it be a few more weeks

Any news on how the interview went yet or will it be a few more weeks
    Got a letter this morning, been directed to download BR form for Garda vetting

Got letter last Friday. Now I have to fill in BR form.

Well done . Hope it doesn't take to long with your BR checks

Anyone finished their form BR, still waiting for my references to arrive. Also does anybody know how long it could take from sending off your form BR to getting a call for the interview with local Sergent? I will be out of the country for 3 weeks at the start of July.

Doing the interview and written report shortly - can anyone tell me what's involved in the written part of it ?

Doing the interview and written report shortly - can anyone tell me what's involved in the written part of it ?

Hi Samster,

Its basically a long story of a crime etc and you just write what you saw as if you were on scene..

Its common sense really:D

good luck with it!!

Thanks for that - at least I'll have an idea what to expect now

• Advertisement

Thanks for that - at least I'll have an idea what to expect now

Ya you ll be grand..

They give little else other than that..

Just keep an eye on the time..have watch in front of you or something..

Make sure your writing and grammar etc are correct aswell.. you know yourself!!

Advertisement