Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve - Interview/Report-Writing (see Moderator note: POST#1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

Have an interview in two weeks and was just wondering should I bring any documentation with me (e.g CV, certs etc) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

thesamster wrote: »
    Have an interview in two weeks and was just wondering should I bring any documentation with me (e.g CV, certs etc) ?

It should tell you what you need to bring on the sheet samster,

I brought my passport birth cert and lc results

Only got phone call about it . A letter from the public service office is on it's way. But thanks anyway :)

thesamster wrote: »
    Only got phone call about it . A letter from the public service office is on it's way. But thanks anyway :)

No prob.. Good luck with both! :)

Interview done and report 99% finished . Hope I done enough to get the BR form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭oreilly94

Hi guys I have my interview and report next week. Any advise about the interview And the report .as in what do they ask Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

Just be relaxed, they will ask you what community work you have done and they will ask about yourself, the report writing is ok just leave out the talk that is not fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

oreilly94 wrote: »
    Hi guys I have my interview and report next week. Any advise about the interview And the report .as in what do they ask Thanks in advance.

Oreily94 its not in Dundalk next wednesday by anychance?

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    Oreily94 its not in Dundalk next wednesday by anychance?

It's in Dundalk on Thursday actually , im guessing you have it too. tell me how u get on . anyone have any idea if they are taking a certain number on or if you basically meet the requirements pass the basic interview ect then ur in

Im in on wednesday , i sure will . i herd its a number of people each year . its really about luck if u do well i cant see why they wouldnt take a person if they are all above board and do well in interview etc the interview and test if u pass that it a good 85% of the work doen gettin in wise .

• Advertisement

Im in on wednesday , i sure will . i herd its a number of people each year . its really about luck if u do well i cant see why they wouldnt take a person if they are all above board and do well in interview etc the interview and test if u pass that it a good 85% of the work doen gettin in wise .
    Hey how did it go ? How was the exam and interview hope it went well

Oreilly94 , it went ok , i think i messed a few answers up in the interview and i didnt get to do all my report, i really cant tell if il get it are not the board of interviewers were grand, but put me under pressure a few times for answers,and when they kept writing stuff down was putting me off abit , what about you how did ya fair out ? :)

Oreilly94 , it went ok , i think i messed a few answers up in the interview and i didnt get to do all my report, i really cant tell if il get it are not the board of interviewers were grand, but put me under pressure a few times for answers,and when they kept writing stuff down was putting me off abit , what about you how did ya fair out ? :)
    Did it today think only about 8 showed up for the report , didnt get that finished. Would have like to have it done and have a quick look over to make sure everyhing I wrote was okay. Ye the interview board were grand accept for a few questions they caught me out on. But sure i guess we'll have to see but fingers crossed for both of us ! Do you know how long it takes for us to get feed back ?

ya true that , it will be about 2 - 3 weeks i think . as soon as ino i will put it up on this ,

Does anyone know on this do they mark you hard on the report , now that im thinking about it i think i floped it altogether :(

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

Hey All,

Have the interview on the 3rd Oct in Dublin. Any advise would be much appreciated

dunner515 wrote: »
    Hey All,

Have the interview on the 3rd Oct in Dublin. Any advise would be much appreciated

Hi dunner,

Have examples of teamwork,community involvement,organising,planning etc made out beforehand, and have back up examples of each,

try to vary your answers eg one answer re work/college, sports etc, community,

Also keep calm and listen carefully to the questions,

Also know everything about the reserves eg powers and training, I found this helped me stand out from the others,

Good luck with it mate, and any questions just shout:)

just got word that i past the interview . :D

just got word that i past the interview . :D

By phone call or letter I'm coming home from Spain tomorrow and my phone doesn't work over here ha

You will find out by post and told to fill out the BR form if you have passed

• Advertisement

Ya got my 1 by letter :) done BR form sending it off this week , loads in my family and a few unkown were abouts should have a nice long wait :P

Ya got my 1 by letter :) done BR form sending it off this week , loads in my family and a few unkown were abouts should have a nice long wait :P
    Sadly I didn't get through wonder which was my let down , gonna be even less of a chance of getting into the guards now ha

Don't be down about it . I know of few people who didn't get the reserve and got into the full time job . This still shows you have a interest if you pass stage 1 in a few weeks

oreilly94 wrote: »
    Sadly I didn't get through wonder which was my let down , gonna be even less of a chance of getting into the guards now ha

Oreilly dont let it get ya down , try again in few months , and defo go for the full time interview i be will myself aswell. Ring them up ask for feeback were you went wrong , just so you no for again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

What do you wear to the interview? formal/casual clothing?

Dunner515 , wear shirt tie etc , you want to make a good first impression :)

Hi Lads,

I got called for the medical,

Any advice?

ha

How long were you waiting canyon86?

How long were you waiting canyon86?

Hi runner,

Just under 6 months, I didnt think it would be that fast!!!

Shocked!

What stage are you at mate?

• Advertisement

Congrats :D i have just sent away the Background checks and there is loads in my family so id say i be a good 9 + month wait

Advertisement