Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gunsmith

Options
  • 05-04-2010 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

anyone know a good gunsmith(besides john greene going to see him but like to shop around) as i need to get a few things done?

tommy:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Fergal White, Athlone town.

He is working on a few small things for me, and gave me a time frame of a week or less. Can't argue with that.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭customrifle

+1 on Ferg. Mans a perfectionist, everything is on to that smallest dimension and sound to chat to aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 shootingkid

Ardee sports company in co louth. Tony there is a magician on guns and a pro at what he dose cery quick aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Fergal Whyte's been superb to chat to about projects I have in mind, is very up front about your ideas and what he'd do differently and why. Really genuinely excellent guy to talk with, and from what I've seen, I'd happily trust him to build a rifle for me. Top notch stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

ezridax wrote: »
    Fergal White, Athlone town.

He is working on a few small things for me, and gave me a time frame of a week or less. Can't argue with that.

Could you pm me his details, i need a pillar drill to install my new raised cheek-piece ;)

• Advertisement

PM sent
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bruce264

would there be any good gunsmiths further up the country, im in donegal looking to get a new rifle and when i do would like a new stock and moderater fitted.
    Also do you require licence to buy stock in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

Another vote for Ferghal White. top fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

+1 on Fergal White:cool:

He's been doing some minor work for me in the last week or two and has been a great help.

Full of advice (Learn something new every time I chat to him) - And importantly, he won't sell you something you won't need. In fact, I get the impression he'd rather let you walk away, than set you wrong.

A gentleman - Great for the chat. And he does tasty work (and quickly - none of this "ah sure it will be a while" lark). When I get round to changing my barrel, tweaking the rifle, or going all-out for the custom-build TR, etc., Mr. White is the man I'll be talking to! In the meantime, I'm happy to have him do any and all work needed to my rifles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭sharky0922

dCorbus wrote: »
    +1 on Fergal White:cool:

He's been doing some minor work for me in the last week or two and has been a great help.

Full of advice (Learn something new every time I chat to him) - And importantly, he won't sell you something you won't need. In fact, I get the impression he'd rather let you walk away, than set you wrong.

A gentleman - Great for the chat. And he does tasty work (and quickly - none of this "ah sure it will be a while" lark). When I get round to changing my barrel, tweaking the rifle, or going all-out for the custom-build TR, etc., Mr. White is the man I'll be talking to! In the meantime, I'm happy to have him do any and all work needed to my rifles.
    i couldn't put that better. so +1
    i rang him,and ask him to do something for me, next day..done.
    i have to admit i;m bit impressed.
    he won't sell you something you won't need. In fact, I get the impression he'd rather let you walk away, than set you wrong.
    100% true, just got that talk with him :eek: .. corbus were did you hide when we were talking about it? in that room on the right? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭thedragon

I often call up to him whenever Im in Athlone. Ill never be the biggest client he'll ever have because Id never be in the market for anything serious along with the fact that I only do a small bit of stalking and my shot is only just OK.

Even though I only ever call in for a quick hello Im always treated as though I was a huge customer. Even if he's busy he always has time for me and Im sure he's like that with everyone. A really good and genuine person. Theres no one else like him out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

went to see john greene today got everything sorted that i wanted thanks to everyone for there recommendations

tommy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭badshot

whereabouts in athlone is fergal white ?

badshot wrote: »
    whereabouts in athlone is fergal white ?

PM sent.

ezridax wrote: »
    PM sent.

Fergal White is gifted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

does fergal white have a website

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭badshot

thanks ezridax

endasmail wrote: »
    does fergal white have a website