Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Bruvvers Wedding.

• 05-04-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

My 1st ever wedding to attend or shoot.
    The Church in Ballymun has windows each side and the sun was entering so had to use fill flash. :(

Lacing up b4 the Wedding.
    107F20DA4A5B4324A4EF5B1C4ECF1885-800.jpg

Last minute nerves from the pageboy.
    8BCD1CF8C6944641A63797A91CA80F8B-800.jpg

Note the sun.
    621137BD3778414FB201F90DE29C55E2-800.jpg

Priest was A1 and actually gave me advice.
    FAD05AA6E9F24D83A60C5EDE35645816-800.jpg

Lighting the Candles
    79E3A1208E16471DB4C61A77D86B0737-800.jpg

"Don't burn my church down!"
    02939816ECDF4938B3C1A0FD78E7254C-800.jpg

Don't do it Daddy..
    E0AC1FE9006743BE8A1F9EE04C345C2E-800.jpg

Joking with the Priest.
    810C4FCAFCC94DCAB91FE5198EF47077-800.jpg

Outside the church.
    E0F8EC43B39E4B7A82FA1DAA88E61BAF-800.jpg

"I'm not a bastard anymore"
    51E82009A264428BA1A7E823C9189CC7-800.jpg

For my 1st attempt I'm pretty happy, I see my few mistakes but I would've settled with what I got at the start of the day.
    Full album here..
    http://pix.ie/punkrock/album/373289

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Love the first and last, the editing in the first is great, did you up the clarity? I like the style of the processing in it, similar to pp I do sometimes when the image calls for it when it suits the image.

Well done for the first time you have done well. Havent been in that church, it looks pretty bright alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Ya I started off with a Lightroom preset and then I add my own ingredients so to speak.
    Shangan Road Church btw.

Ya I started off with a Lightroom preset and then I add my own ingredients so to speak.
    Shangan Road Church btw.

Thought so. Paint Shop pro has a great clarity function on it. I usually edit all my photos and then bring select ones into paint shop for my 'special edits'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭Lagnagoushee

Some great shots. Love the caption... 'Don't burn my church down!'
    Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

"I'm not a bastard anymore"
    51E82009A264428BA1A7E823C9189CC7-800.jpg

This one is great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

He, well done, you did a great job there.

T.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Good stuff Janer, love the last one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Nice shots. See what you mean about the light!

Aye, you just have to look at the 'Joking with the Priest' shot to see it full on entering the Church.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

AR, I must say, you suprise me every single time. I know you are a great photographer, especially gig wise and sorta "in the pub round the corner" portraits, but you are so capable of doing everything! Very versatile, again proven with this. Fair enough, like you said yourself, there's a few bit and pieces that could be improved, but sure, doesnt that count for everyone? If I was the bride, i'd be delighted with your set. And the of the wee fella is devine!

Good work.

• Advertisement

Jeez Sarah thats a lovely comment. :o

I def have my weaknesses in some parts of photography, I have no patience for tripods or have ever done a long exposure shot or ever shot over f8.
    I also haven't leanred to do any panning shots yet were the Car is in focus and the background blurred, thats something I'd like to learn but def not the long exposures for landscape/night shots.

0A12768AB022471EA6C1813F6C8FED92-800.jpg

Taking advice of Keith Jack I reworked this one to BW from some wierd PP i did on the original last night. :rolleyes: In other words I will wait til the following day b4 I do PP as I rushed last nights after getting tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Excellent Janer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,721 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

the first one is by far my favourite - would you do more weddings - well done

b

You have to be in the right mood for pp. Often if I feel I lack motivation I will just turn off the computer and go back to it when I feel more into it. If the motivation isnt there the skill is lacking.

Re the other styles, long exposure and panning, dont worry about it. I've tried both and honestly have no interest in them, if you dont need it for what you are shooting then dont worry about it. I have no interest in tripod work and dont even use one for weddings, I find myself a nice spot, usually by a pillar in the church and steady myself on that to ensure I have a nice stedy shot.

You should try going above f8 though, especially if you are going to do a group shot. In studio I generally use f11 and depending on light I would want more than that for a large wedding group to ensure I have most of the faces in focus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

Great stuff AR. The first one is a beaut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Nice set of shots Janer! Well done on your first attempt, And a great one at that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Lovely, lovely stuff. First and last FTW for me too! And you're the feckin spit of your brother..

sineadw wrote: »
    And you're the feckin spit of your brother..
    You are getting a thumbs down button whenever they invent it! :mad: :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

The first is a classic!! Smashing job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The last one is a keeper - really nice capture.

Kids at weddings are great photo opportunities. They will inevitably make a cute face or do something interesting somewhere.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I looked through them on Pix.ie and they are great. I especially love your title on the last one here :D
    Seriously though it's a cracker of of shot - the young lad's expression is priceless.

Advertisement