Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training licence

Options
  • 05-04-2010 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone know if anyone has had one of the new training licences granted? If so, what is on them? I mean, is the trainee restricted to a certain firearm, or are they ok to use other shooters firearms or club guns?

The reason for asking is that I have 2 girls coming of age in October and I would like them to get experience first on .22 benchrest. Alas, I dont have a .22 rifle, just .303 and a pistol.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

Kryten wrote: »
    Hi all,

Anyone know if anyone has had one of the new training licences granted? If so, what is on them? I mean, is the trainee restricted to a certain firearm, or are they ok to use other shooters firearms or club guns?

The reason for asking is that I have 2 girls coming of age in October and I would like them to get experience first on .22 benchrest. Alas, I dont have a .22 rifle, just .303 and a pistol.
    Firstly the training cert can only be for a specific firearm only and not a particular type.
    The cert is for non restriced only and the holder of a training cert cannot own the gun or use it without the owner being present at all times.
    You will have to get the .22 first in your name and then get the girls a training cert each for it.
    One thing that the firearms consutative panel were trying to get was a training cert for a particular type of gun IE .22 so that the trainee would be able to use club guns etc but that was not allowed so now they have to get a cert for every firearm they wish to use.
    You might be able to apply for a 22 for yourself and the training cert at the same time,not sure but you can ask your fo and save a lot of time instead of waiting for up to 3 months for your cert and possibly the same for the training cert. Hope this helps.

Advertisement