Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maintenance sparks

Options
  • 06-04-2010 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

every jobsite i look at has postings for maintenance electricians,what is the best way to go about getting into this line of work,does not seem to be any jobs goin for your average sparks anymore and for the forseeable future unfortunately,any info on the maintenance side would be great cheers guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ShamFeen

All they seem to want is EXPERIENCE. Very hard to get into maintenance without it. It's catch 22 they want someone experienced and wont take you on where you will learn and become experienced, very hard to get a leg up at the mo. I know it's no consolation, but you're not the only one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

I did it for a while, ya just need a finger in every pie, general sparking & instalation, network & panel work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

It helps to know pneumatics, hydraulics, plcs, and have some mechanical abilities too

Advertisement