Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone contention has gone to sh!te

• 06-04-2010 12:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

I have had the same broadband since it was IOL, Esat, BT and now Vodafone and never had once to call any support until now. I always got the same speed at any time of the day but since vodafone took over it is unusable from morning through to night time.
    I am on the 7.6Mbit package which I always believed was 24:1 contention. So I googled "contention site:vodafone.ie" and found the following thread where they say that all their products is 48:1 contention.

http://forum.vodafone.ie/index.php?/topic/2234-broadband-update/

Does anyone remember this package been advertised as 24:1 back when it was 512Kbit / 2Mbit / 3 Mbit / 7.6 Mbit by any of the previous companies as I'm nearly positive I saw it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭swoofer

yes when I moved to BT 24:1 was the contention that was October 07 but apparently they changed it to 48:1 and told no one. Everyone seems to have trouble with Vodafone and its a msytery to me as well why its gone to shi** e. I am waiting for this eircom NGB uncongested and hope I get back to where I was with BT it was only 3.8 or 4mb max but at least it was consistent.

Are vodafone eircom in disguise?? ie they use eircom kit, pay less and we get a shi*e service??

Its going to be interesting when NGB gets nationwide!!

gb--

I cant believe we are discussing this kind of BB service in 2010.

Advertisement