Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for E27 light fittings

• 06-04-2010 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi all. I'm looking for somewhere that would sell what I believe is called an E27 light fitting. Specifically the type in the pictures (sorry about the quality). I've looked on the websites of Woddies / B&Q / Maplins but cannot find anything to match it. Hoping someone can help....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭LeBash

Go to any electrical wholesaler in your area.

www.aew.ie should help.

Might be tough to get in plastic, but they should have it in brass or if they are any good, they will order in a complette pendant with E27 holder for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

from the pics it looks like a plastic es lamp holder with a shade ring and a cord grip. i know where to get them in black only if its any use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

This is a really standard fitting, also called an 'ES' or 'Edison Screw'. You could get a bayonet cap (BC) fitting too, which is more common in Ireland and the UK.

The thing is probably finding one that fits with the rest of your lamp. Bring it up to any of the electrical wholesalers, they should be able to find something.

Advertisement