Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site

Options
  • 06-04-2010 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

You may have a siteban if you answer me these questions three. Are you ready?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 FredTroll

I'm game.....

Alright. Number one, why do you want a siteban?

I'm drunk and I've been a bad boy....

Correct. Number two, what is your favourite colour?

• Advertisement

Pink, with a hint of sarcasm...

Correct. Number three, if k + 1 runners with pairwise distinct speeds run round a track of unit length, will every runner be "lonely" (that is, be more than a distance 1 / (k + 1) from each other runner) at some time?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

This isn't what feedback is for. Take it to tCN, PM, whatever, but not here.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Correct. Number three, if k + 1 runners with pairwise distinct speeds run round a track of unit length, will every runner be "lonely" (that is, be more than a distance 1 / (k + 1) from each other runner) at some time?
    Depends on the length of time allowed. If infinite then feed the problem in to a Universal Turing Machine to see if its NP. If finite time then you will need some kind of probability smeer or sum over all paths or some such.

My answer: Yes.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement