Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about finance for buying a house

Options
  • 06-04-2010 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hello all, I have question which I am sure somebody here could answer. I have agreed price for a house of 185k, all morgage approved and everything in order, I have given a holding deposit of 5k, today i received a letter from my solicitor asking to discharge 10% deposit less any booking fee, so this would mean I would have to come up with a further 13.5k. What I want to know is do I need to provide this money or is the bank, as I have been approved for 92% loan, I should be coming with 8% which is 14,800k, but the letter from my solicitor is stating I should be coming up with 10% which amounts to 18.5k, and the letter from the bank states that my loan approval is 170,200.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Talk to your solicitor and ask him/her to renegotiate the 10% down. The 10% deposit is contract law between the 2 solicitors, separate to the banks criteria.

If you only have 8% in total, try keep all deposits within that 8%. i.e, your holding deposit + contract deposit = 8%. You can use up your whole 8% on deposits once you have receipts for the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

we had the same issue, but the agent/solicitor accepted the 8 % instead of 10 %, there was no problem at all.

Advertisement