Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which venues should I approach?

Options
  • 06-04-2010 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

I'm hoping some of the more seasoned comedy veterans will be able to help me out here... Hoping to start spreading my comedy around a few more venues in the coming weeks/months and wanted to know what are the best venues around Dublin to approach about doing a gig?

I've done Battle of the Axe a couple of times now (won the Lucky Duck one of those times)...
    Also done a gig in the new comedy night in Tribe, Stillorgan...
    And did one in the Twisted Pepper last week...

What other venues will be most likely to give new comedians a chance?
    Comedy Crunch in Shebeen Chic and Underground Comedy Club Dublin in Thomas Reads seem like good ones to approach, but I dunno who runs them and I don't have any contact info for them...

If anyone can help me out, it'd be greatly appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Gary Lynch runs the underground comedy club, great guy and will give you a gig no bother, you can find him on facebook! Colm McGlinchy runs the comedy crunch in Sheeben chic on georges st on sundays, great little gig, cheap drink and free ice cream cant go wrong! (again facebook is your friend here) Talk to aiden killian aswell, he runs laugh out loud in anseo which is a brilliant venue and i really enjoyed my last gig there....facebook or here on boards if he is about! Margo Carr runs comedy dublin, who gig twice a week, once in sheehans just off grafton st (but theres a comp on now so there wont be spots available there at the moment) and once in the belvadere on sundays....lovely atmosphere whenever i have gigged with them, and guess what? facebook is your friend here too! Thene there is of course the international, andrew stanley runs the mish mash on tuesdays and the cellar on wednesdays and aidan bishop runs the rest of the week!

Where abouts are you located? there are a few more local gigs appearing around the place that may be of help!

Anything else just let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭SlimJ

Dude all of them will give you a shot. Go to the gig and watch the show and introduce yourself to the host/booker. Some of them will give you a slot 8 weeks away, some the next night.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Cheers guys, that's the info I needed... Couple of months ago, I was only trying out stand-up as a once off thing for the craic, and now its something I've a real interest in doing, so just trying to make the right connections at the moment...
    Where abouts are you located? there are a few more local gigs appearing around the place that may be of help!

I'm out in Dundrum - not much around here that I know of, apart from Stillorgan and Tallaght, but I've been keeping an eye out anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Scien wrote: »
    Why not try the Ha'Penny Bridge Inn.

I did a set there Tuesday night and there was 2 guys in the Line-Up doing it for the first time.

Easiest way to get a gig? Head down any Tuesday or Thursday night as an audience member and just meet Tony afterwards. He's very approachable and gives everyone a chance.

I've done a few gigs at the Ha'Penny and will be again... Just seeing where else was good

I did a set there this Tuesday as well, as it happens...

• Advertisement
Advertisement