Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport to Thomond Park

Options
  • 06-04-2010 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

I am going to the Munster V Northampton Saints Heineken quarter final on Saturday and I am wondering what is the best way to get out to Thomond Park from Limerick city centre? Is there buses or am I as quick to walk it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yeah you would be as quick to walk out, but there are buses available from Henry St (just outside Dunnes Stores)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭robo

Thanks for the quick reply ;)
    How long is the walk - 30 minutes??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

robo wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply ;)
    How long is the walk - 30 minutes??

15-20 Minutes.

There are three ways to get there from the City. Crossing Sarsfield bridge you can turn right and follow the river until you reach St Munchins Church across from King Johns Castle. Turn left and then keep going.

Cross the bridge and turn right at the second set of traffic lights and then turn left when you get to High Rd Thomondgate turn left. You will see Thomond Park from here.

Cross the bridge and go to the 3rd set of traffic lights, turn right and keep going. You will see Thomond Park from here.

Don't bother with Public Transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

How are you arriving in Limerick or where do you expect to be be departing from prior to the match? There will be Park and Rides available from about 3 hours before kickoff if that's any good but if you're goning to be in the city, walk and just follow the crowds.

I am staying in the Clarion hotel (one on the quays) for the weekend, so think that walking is the best option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I am staying in the Clarion hotel (one on the quays) for the weekend, so think that walking is the best option.

Definately. From the Clarion you can walk across the bridge right next to it and turn right and keep walking up the hil, passed the schools, through the lights, passed the hospital and if you haven't seen Thomond Park by then..........

or

Walk down the Quays with Clohessys bar and Dunnes on your right. At the other bridge there will be some steps up onto the bridge and then follow my original directions in the other post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Go over the bridge closest to the Clarion, Shannon Bridge (known as the new bridge locally) take the first right after the bridge, and keep walking straight until you see Thomond Park on your left.

Edit: Beaten by Berty

Thanks for your help guys - appreciate it. Looking forward to my first visit to Thomond Park. I have been to Limerick a good few times, so know where you are telling me to go.

Advertisement