Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Obedience Training Classes Running in the Evening

Options
  • 06-04-2010 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am wondering does anyone know of dog obedience training classes that run in the evening over a couple of weeks,

I can do it the weekend if needs be but it would be just handy in the evening and leave the weekend free to head off with the dog,

I have read lots of books on training but as I have never owned dogs before I would like to get help and instruction in training him to a high standard,

I would also like to do classes where I can advance to higher levels to the point that I can leave him off the lead around the hills, call him and he will forget about what he is doing and come straight back,

I currently have him on a 8M extendable lead and its ok but he doesn’t like it and neither do I, Also I can not go Mountain Biking with a lead so I can only walk him at the moment,

I was hoping to start a class in the next few weeks so if anyone knows any that would be great,

I have also googled it and there are lots but I would like a recommendation as websites can say anything really but its experience that tells,

Thanks in advance,

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Where are you based. Dog Training Ireland out by Dublin airport does evening classes starting with beginners that are quite good. It's the work you put in yourself between classes that makes or breaks it though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

What area are you in and we can recommend some one for you?

How old is the dog at the mo?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ste2006

I am based in South Dublin,

The Dog is about 1 and a half at the moment,

He is not bad at all but i just want to train him properly

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

The DSPCA have a guy that runs several classes have a look at the link below and find out more info

http://www.dspca.ie/prevent_cruelty_to_animals.php?number=206&sectionnumber=34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

I did training in the DSPCA on Mount Venus Road in Rathfarnham in January, 9am start finished by 10am, plenty of time for you to head off to the hills afterwards! Alex Petrilli, the Trainer, is very good, my dog and I benefited hugely. I bring her for walks regularly off lead and her recall is brilliant now. Her behaviour around the house has also improved greatly. Here is their schedule for April. You need to mail Alex to book a place on the Orientation class that's on this weekend.

http://www.dspca.ie/prevent_cruelty_to_animals.php?number=315&sectionnumber=34

• Advertisement
Advertisement