Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Haricuts...

Options
  • 06-04-2010 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭

Yo,
    Anyone know anywhere that will do a good cheap haircut around the city centre and doesn't have a huge queue?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Barbers on Dorset St beside the Snug, well what was the snug, oposote the post office, a little to the right.

Very professional service and 5 yo yo Mon to Wed, unlike other shops around who do that Mon and tues only.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

there's 2 Polish barbers on Talbot St - one does €5 cut Mon and Tues, the other is €7 all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

loyatemu wrote: »
    there's 2 Polish barbers on Talbot St - one does €5 cut Mon and Tues, the other is €7 all week.

I've been twice recently to the €7 place (it's €7 for a scissors/clippers cut, €12 for scissors only). No complaints, haircut was decent both times (different "cutters", though all are female, in case that's an issue), as good as the place I previously used (on the south side) which was more than twice the price!

That said, neither place ever seems to sterilise the equipment - do barbers not do this any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

There's a place halfway up Grafton Street, (on the right heading for Stephens Green, through a doorway and upstairs) that regularly does free haircutting. It's a school so you're the crash test dummy but it's quite good in fairness.

That one on Grafton st only does razor though. Well when i was pitched in, went up and said what I wanted, i was told by the manageress that they only skinned, fcuk that.
    Prefer not to look like a convict :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Jay D wrote: »
    That one on Grafton st only does razor though. Well when i was pitched in, went up and said what I wanted, i was told by the manageress that they only skinned, fcuk that.
    Prefer not to look like a convict :pac:

Probably depends on what style/section of course etc they're on at any given time. I've been twice, Size 3 back and sides, trim on top - no problem both times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Went to Liffey Street 5 euro. Got served straight away.

It's a quick simple job - no fancy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

I believe a crowd called Nama are giving a minimum 47% discount on haircuts at the moment.

Probably depends on what style/section of course etc they're on at any given time. I've been twice, Size 3 back and sides, trim on top - no problem both times.

must have been alright, that haircut is what I would have wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,367 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

just over harolds cross bridge going into town there is a barber on the right €7 at the weekend. Happy enough, cant tell the difference between it and a €15 cut in a slighly posher part of town

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
Advertisement