Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sorry another make-up foundation question...

• 06-04-2010 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what you all wear make-up wise for work, i used to wear Mac Studio Fix with some bronzer. Was very handy, but i'm running out and i think it's very heavy on my face and clogging. Especially coming into the Summer, any ideas? Need something with good enough coverage but quick application for work.

Also, Prescriptives make-up have gone out of business. It was my going-out foundation and pressed powder. Can anyone give me a good alternative, something with staying power, matt, but natural enough foundation? What are the best, don't mind paying once it does the job! I use Smashbox primer already so i need a good foundation for going-out nights as such!

Thanks again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭cherryred

i like revlon foundation. I used to use Colorstay(€17.50), its got full coverage very similar to Mac studio.

Recently got Photoready(€19), its a bit lighter coverage than colorstay and less matte, but its good for everyday wear and it has a pump. it goes on really easy. On special in boots at the minute for €14.50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I just bought Make Up Forvers High Definition foundation and am glad to say it lived up to all the brilliant reviews ive read. Gives a fabulous glow to your face. Its €35 in either MakeUp Forver Clarendon St or Arnotts (if you're from Dub :p)

Prior to that it was L'oreals Serum Lift which was nice but my face got quite shiny after a few hrs wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Anything by Laura Mercier is fabulous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I have recently started using Art Deco foundation, I got it in Debenham's and think it was about €20. Ifind it gives really good coverage without being too heavy and a little goes a long way. It also has a kind of stick on the lid so it's quick and easy to get out of bottle.

I was also reccommended Make Up Forever but I went to the shop on Dawson street a few months ago and didn't buy anything as they were so rude. I was the only customer in the shop and after looking around for about 5 minutes with none of the staff offering help I had to wait at the counter, & wait for them to finish their conversation before they would pay me any attention. Then the girl who was reluctantly 'helping', me left me because some important make up person came in. So even if it is good I wouldn't buy it out of principle. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I was also reccommended Make Up Forever but I went to the shop on Dawson street a few months ago and didn't buy anything as they were so rude. :mad:
    OMG i had the same experience(clarendon st) and im actually reluctant to go back again.I was the only one in the shop and asked the girl for help picking the right High Definition shade. Jesus you'd swear id asked her to pluck out all her eyelashes or somethin the look i got. She picked up a ridiculously pale shade that nowhere near matched my skin tone and insisted it was correct. I picked my own.After gettin monotone replies to pricing questions of other products i paid for the foundation and left. Word to Make Up Forever....good customer service is vital!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

JEmily wrote: »
    Need something with good enough coverage but quick application for work. Can anyone give me a good alternative, something with staying power, matt, but natural enough foundation? What are the best, don't mind paying once it does the job! I use Smashbox primer already so i need a good foundation for going-out nights as such!Thanks again.
    Estee Lauder Double Wear regularly gets the thumbs up on beaut.ie for coverage and durability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭xxzaraxx

JEmily wrote: »
    Just wondering what you all wear make-up wise for work, i used to wear Mac Studio Fix with some bronzer. Was very handy, but i'm running out and i think it's very heavy on my face and clogging. Especially coming into the Summer, any ideas? Need something with good enough coverage but quick application for work.

Also, Prescriptives make-up have gone out of business. It was my going-out foundation and pressed powder. Can anyone give me a good alternative, something with staying power, matt, but natural enough foundation? What are the best, don't mind paying once it does the job! I use Smashbox primer already so i need a good foundation for going-out nights as such!

Thanks again.

Maybelline dream satin liquid foundation. . amazing!!!! I have bobby brown, loads of clinique foundation, armani and even avon foundations sitting on the shelf because I use this one all of the time! I only ever wore foundation a few times a week because I got awful breakouts from foundation but I now wear foundation most days because of the dream satin liquid foundation. You cant go wrong with it! I think its like 13euro in Boots! Its light and doesnt clog your pores. It also sorts out any dry skin you may have and gives good coverage! Also its so easy to apply as the foundation glides on because the formula is silky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

Anything by Laura Mercier is fabulous.
    +1 for Laura Mercier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I've come to the conclusion that it is utterly pointless to make foundation recommendations on internet forums.

OP, you need to put the work in yourself by going to somewhere like BT's and asking for samples of foundation. Everyone's skin is different and what works brilliantly for me might look bad on you, or need constant re-touching etc.

As for Studio fix being too heavy - do you mean Studio fix fluid? I don't see how you could find it "too" heavy as it is a water based foundation...unless you're applying too much? This might make sense as you say you want 'good coverage' but studio fix fluid is a pretty medium coverage product.

Advertisement