Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M-Audio Pro Fire 610 - Adam P11a speakers - no sound Dell studio - 64 bit windows 7

Options
  • 06-04-2010 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help or have any suggestions to my dilemma.

As the title describes..

I am using (trying to anyways) m-audio 610 pro fire and I can't get any sound coming from the speakers at all. The monitors are Adam P11a.

I have tried disabling the onboard sound card and still nothing from the monitors

m-audio is set to default.

if I play a tune on the laptop and open the m-audio control panel it looks like sound is reaching the device.

If I put headphones into the m-audio there is sound coming from them...just not from the monitors.

Would anyone have any suggestions or advice please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

Okay, I suppose lets start with the easy questions.

Are the monitors plugged in and turned on?

Are the monitors plugged into line outputs 1&2?

Is the master volume on the Pro Fire turned up?

Have you turned up the input gain on the Adam P11a's?

What cable are you using to connect the Profire to the Adams?

In the router section of the Profire Control Panel is Analog Out 1/2 set to 'Mixer Out'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Mataguri wrote: »
    Okay, I suppose lets start with the easy questions.

Are the monitors plugged in and turned on?

Are the monitors plugged into line outputs 1&2?

Is the master volume on the Pro Fire turned up?

Have you turned up the input gain on the Adam P11a's?

What cable are you using to connect the Profire to the Adams?

In the router section of the Profire Control Panel is Analog Out 1/2 set to 'Mixer Out'?

Thanks a million for the reply Mataguri,

To answer the questions

- Yes, both plugged in and turned on
    - Yes, plugged into the Outputs
    - Yes, master volume is turned up

- No, I hadn't checked the input gain on both monitors
    - Using 3m Stereo-Jack to XLR(M) Audio Cable
    - Will need to check the router section of profire to see if this is set to 'Mixer Out'

Cool so there's 2 things I'll check this evening and let you know.

Thanks again

Dave

Hi there,

Very sorry for late reply on this. Had crap load of college work to catch up on..

i couldn't find on the control panel to set "Analog Out 1/2 set to 'Mixer Out'" but i've taken screenshots of all the areas of the control panel that i see.

the input gains were up on the adams alright.

another thing i've just tested today is if i plug the headphones into the output socket that the speakers are plugged into..there is no sound either. so it looks like it is to do with the soundcard-laptop area.

still get sound from the normal headphone socket.

i've uninstalled re-installed the drivers also

other screen shots

I've tested the speakers by connecting them into the "headphone" port at the front of the soundcard and there is sound coming from them. There must be something simple i'm missing to get the sound from the outputs :(

• Advertisement

turned on the laptop, sound card and speakers started working.

have no clue what has made them start working :confused:

it's all good i guess :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

I get this as well with my Profire 610. What normally solves the problem when I turn it on first and there's no sound is to open the control panel, but at the moment that isn't working so I'm trying to figure it out. It's weird alright.

Grimey, does that happen often with your pro fire? It just happened when I was first setting it up and *touch wood* hasn't happened since. Wish I knew exactly what made it work in the end but really have no notion. Was a lot of off/on and in/outs. Hopefully you'll be back in business soon man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

My hunch is that it's something to do with hot plugging, as in M-Audio want you to turn off your computer, plug in the soundcard, turn on the computer, then turn on the soundcard, but I generally don't do all that, so I'm guessing that might be the problem.

My hunch is that it's something to do with hot plugging, as in M-Audio want you to turn off your computer, plug in the soundcard, turn on the computer, then turn on the soundcard, but I generally don't do all that, so I'm guessing that might be the problem.

Ah yeah that very well might it actually, although I do it slightly different

What I do is:
    • Power off laptop
    • Plug in pro fire (both laptop and pro fire are off at this stage)
    • Turn on pro fire
    • Then turn on laptop

• Advertisement
Advertisement