Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MELB JOB ADVICE

Options
  • 06-04-2010 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

ok... gona keep this short, can someone please give me some help or tips on how to get a job or even an interview in melbourne??? currently living off chapel street have been posting cvs by email for two weeks now.. have admin/retail/events/hospitality experience. willing to do anything!!

:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JOCC

Try register with Geoffrey Nathan Jobs....Myself and 5 of my friends all got work with them within a week or two of registration. Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Anything............??? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gemmz

Yes Dave anything on a professional level that is....
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

gemmz wrote: »

Looks like your in Dave , but you may bring your wallet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Sweet, I can be professional

I'll wear a suit :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

gemmz wrote: »

Pics or GTFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

JOCC wrote: »
    Try register with Geoffrey Nathan Jobs....Myself and 5 of my friends all got work with them within a week or two of registration. Best of luck!

They are a complete rip off - I wouldn't bother
    They are not a recruitment agency

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

I've been firing off resume's and applying for jobs in Melbourne for the last 1.5 months, nearly 2 months. Only got replies this week and interviews. Everything seems to run a lot slower than anywhere else. Keep applying for jobs.
    Not to turn this into a recruitment agency bashing thread, but don't waste any time or entertain Recruitment Solutions, Charterhouse or Dixon Appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JOCC

Originally Posted by JOCC viewpost.gif

They are a complete rip off - I wouldn't bother
    They are not a recruitment agency

Yeah but she sounds quite desperate.....If she wants a job in 2weeks then she will get one here! Professional job that is!!!

I say go do your 3 month farming and get your second yr sorted....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Actually, if ur willing to work in a cafe....

I live just up passed chapel st, on commercial road. My housemate got weekend work in some cafe right beside us but shes since moved out and gone travelling. If you walk up passed hungry jacks and them smelly fhigh rise flats, keep walking for about ten minutes til u get passed subway and mcdonalds. then across on the corner theres the little cafe. It was handy for me housemate coz we literally live maybe 20 seconds up the road at most!! :D

Also, theres a good few places up this way so bring a CV. Most people wouldnt come up here and they'd stick to chapel st but theres a safeway as well as retaurants and clothes shops etc.
    and sure worst comes to worst, theres the mcdonalds! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 nevaeh84

Cheers B_Man i actually live pretty near there so will check it out
    I have an appointment with geoff nathan tomorrow bit wary after what was said above but will see what happens....

Advertisement