Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs. FC Bayern München - Champions League Q/Final 2nd Leg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Dunphy: United are at the end of the Ferguson era:eek:

He also said a few weeks ago that Chelsea are a shambles....who will probably go on to win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Good game for a neutral (ish) person.

Noticed in the replay of Riberys shot 8 mins from time that a lot of people were making their way to the exits. With Utd's record of last minute goals thats laughable, some of them in the green and gold too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

RTE panel are doing themselves no favours here. Like bullies beaten on a man on the ground.

I think it's gas altogether!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

ntlbell wrote: »
    they didn't lose a 3 goal lead, they won 3-2

Sorry but, they did!!! They had a 3 goal lead and finished with a 1 goal lead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

A glass of whiskey and a pistol:D

That's Dunphy's answer to everything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

cooker3 wrote: »
    United basically had a 3-0 head start over the 2 legs with an away goal and still couldn't finish the job.
    It should haver been in doubt.

Had they? I wish someone had told fergie, he could have played 11 defenders for the two games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    So .... Fulham have lasted longer in Europe than United.

:) so have liverpool :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Well they did it but not sure I'm happy happy.
    They're in the semi final and they beat big opposition on the way. But did they look like worthy semi finalists on the way?
    Sometimes.
    Have to give them credit for not giving up and coming back in both legs though. A few signings at the back needed in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

JPA wrote: »
    Ray Houghton generally avoids these arguments, doesn't look comfortable.
    He is the only panelist wanting to discuss the game. The lads are only interested in the hyperbole as per.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Christ the gems are out tonight.

I'd ask for a glass of whiskey and a pistol

Arsenal had a fantastic injury list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

holy **** Eamo is in flying form tonight! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

RTE panel are doing themselves no favours here. Like bullies beaten on a man on the ground.

True they're talking pure cock tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Dunphy is just staying crap to try get a reaction now, Ray is clear just nodding along and not giving his honest opinion or he will be shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

A glass of whiskey and a pistol:D

That made me laugh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

BERBA wrote: »
    Barca wont be losing any sleep over lyon inter or bayern .

the might however fall asleep playing inter and it will cost em ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think Dunphy is Man City's latest signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    It was not Rafaels fault for getting knocked out, when he was on the pitch he didn't give ribery time to turn around, ribery couldn't do nothing, but i thought it was a foul just before his first booking, it defo looked like a foul, the first card was stupid but he couldnt do nothing about it, no one was going to close him down

It was his fault for kicking out at bommel it was stupid and even tho he is young he should have known bloody better.

down to 10 men so early there was no way we could hold out for 40 minutes against a decent side like bayern.

he's not single handled responsible, but he had a huge hand in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Boskowski wrote: »
    Well they did it but not sure I'm happy happy.
    They're in the semi final and they beat big opposition on the way. But did they look like worthy semi finalists on the way?
    Sometimes.
    Have to give them credit for not giving up and coming back in both legs though. A few signings at the back needed in the summer.

Fair play on the win Boskowski. The Germans are never beaten.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

K4t wrote: »
    No they wouldn't. If Bayern meet Barca in the final it will be an incredibly close match. Permission to *mark my words*

I'll give you very good odds on that if you'd like but Bayern wont get past Lyon anyway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Aidric wrote: »
    He is the only panelist wanting to discuss the game. The lads are only interested in the hyperbole as per.
    And it's the same after every game. It's only one game but the 2 lads have to blow it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

The panel, while totally just stirring it up and talking crap are great entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Eamo: ''[If I was in charge] I'd ask for a bottle of whisky and a pistol. It's over Bill. You need the readies!''
    made me chuckle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

ShamoBuc wrote: »

comedian right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Bill lists the injured players including O Shea. Dunphy says the are "nothing players". Is this the same Dunphy who is usually praising O Shea as a "class player" when discussing the International set up? I'm confused.

ntlbell wrote: »
    It was his fault for kicking out at bommel it was stupid and even tho he is young he should have known bloody better.

down to 10 men so early there was no way we could hold out for 40 minutes against a decent side like bayern.

he's not single handled responsible, but he had a huge hand in it

But at least Rafael is young and there is a fair bit of potential there.

What's Michael Carrick's defence?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

jesus those OAP are some goons. Hate listening to them talk ****. Every player is rubbish according to them.

Anyway good to see Bayern go thru, thought as much too seeing how they played last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

The europa league says it all. Fiorentina beat liverpool, Bayern beat fiorentina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Bayern's [and Inter's] level of organisation will cause Barcelona a few problems imo should they meet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Terrible result for United tonight,

Over the 2 legs they had ample opportunity to put the tie to bed and just couldn't do it.

I Can't believe that Fergie thought they could sit back at 3-1 and hold on until the end, it was suicide.

There was no urgency at all from United, i don't care if they were down to 10 men, i've seen teams with 10 men dominate football matches, United couldn't even get the ball.

Fergie lost the plot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

LoLz

Looks like Dunphy's magic is working tonight ;)

But at least Rafael is young and there is a fair bit of potential there.

What's Michael Carrick's defence?!

He didn't hear 70,000 people roar MAN ON!, doubt it will go down too well though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Jaysus talk about depressing from the panel. Things that cant be that bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

One thing that this game proved yet again is that Gibson is more worthy of his place in the team than Carrick.

IMO the first yellow card was a joke - a very similar thing happened near the end of the match to Rio, where his leg was held and it ended up with a Bayern throw. The ref was appalling at times, and I'm not being biased, he got plenty of decisions for both teams wrong.

As for Dunphy - didn't see it - but had Rafael not been sent off that could have been a cricket score. Dunphy proves yet again how much of an idiot he is. He's not a football analyst, he's only there for the entertainment value.

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    He didn't hear 70,000 people roar MAN ON!, doubt it will go down too well though

And for the 2nd?? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'll give you very good odds on that if you'd like but Bayern wont get past Lyon anyway.

Thanks for the ****ing spoilers!!!!!

Jesus do people ever ****ing learn?

The man-marking for that Robben goal was terrible just looking at it there again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The panel are not wrong about Utd, its all going "pete tong" but Utd supporters won't hear it said. Liverpool supporters are only too aware of how bad things are, Utd started at a higher level and so the decline isn't as obvious. Wait a season or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

It's a shame dunphy doesn't talk this much sense after Pool matches, I wouldn't have to change channel then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Holy sh*t Fergie. 'Typical Germans'... Can't be saying that man.

• Advertisement

And for the 2nd?? ;)

That was for the second, the first was just abysmal, he has absolutely no excuse for the first,

Did ya hear Sir Alex in the interview "typical germans" fcukin legend,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Alex is chewing that gum hard haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

"Typical Germans":pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Ferguson is always a gracious loser - nice racist comment - "typical Germans" wanted to get him send off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Saf: typical Germans

Haha makes me feel better about the win now. Sore loser

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

BERBA wrote: »
    comedian right?

am I wrong?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Is that Gary Neville roaring "cheats" in the background?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Frank Ribery. Typical German.

" typical Germans" :pac: Naughty fergie

"CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT" Who was shouting that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

mike65 wrote: »
    The panel are not wrong about Utd, its all going "pete tong" but Utd supporters won't hear it said. Liverpool supporters are only too aware of how bad things are, Utd started at a higher level and so the decline isn't as obvious. Wait a season or two.
    something similar was said by Dunphy 3 years ago and we are still waiting.

Lol @ Bill calling Fergie racist for saying 'typical Germans' :rolleyes:

seems Warper is part of the uninformed group of people too who believe the Aryan race is actually different to caucasian

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement