Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs. FC Bayern München - Champions League Q/Final 2nd Leg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

flahavaj wrote: »
    Is that Gary Neville roaring "cheats" in the background?:pac:

I hope so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Bill: He was a bit racist wasn't he?

The Germans aren't a race Bill, Hitler didn't win the war. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

eZe^ wrote: »
    Holy sh*t Fergie. 'Typical Germans'... Can't be saying that man.

Disgraceful comments from Fergie , bottom line was they were 2 yellow cards and he deserved to go .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Did I hear that correctly from SAF "typical Germans":eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

You can't go around saying 'typical Germans'. Imagine someone saying 'typical Nigerians' :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Lol at Bill calling Fergie racist!

A bit of an embarrassing interview by Ferguson...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Ferguson is a bitter man. It was a sending off.

dsmythy wrote: »
    You can't go around saying 'typical Germans'. Imagine someone saying 'typical Nigerians' :eek:

Thank you:)
    What a *&%$**^%

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Frank Ribery. Typical German.

LOL. The big German head on him

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    The europa league says it all. Fiorentina beat liverpool, Bayern beat fiorentina

and Bayern beat Utd!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Staggering lack of grace from Ferguson and very disappointing to see such xenophobic rubbish from someone in his position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

At least Wenger has a bit of culture in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,564 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

After that interview I'm wondering if SAF stands for 'Speaks Against Facts'.

How he could say Utd did well is beyond me.

Makes Utd losing even sweeter after an interview like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Immense respect for Fergie but have to say after seeing that interview...what a twat. Now I know where Man U fans get it from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Just think Fulham could be the only English team in a European Semi Final

TBH I think theres more of a chance of Liverpool beign the only English side in the semi's. I hate to say it but I reckon Fulham have shot their bolt and will be beaten in Germany.

Would have loved to see them go all the way (to the final and lose obviously if Liverpool get there too, and win if they dont :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

He can say whatever he wants!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

ShamoBuc wrote: »

:) but United beat Liverpool :) :rolleyes:

now can we stop this

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Drew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

is ferguson for real wit that interview? and wonder who was screaming cheat in the background?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Must say Ribery did not cover himself in glory in his protestations to ref. Yes Rafael tugged at him but Ribery should have let ref made the decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Staggering lack of grace from Ferguson and very disappointing to see such xenophobic rubbish from someone in his position.
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    " typical Germans" :pac: Naughty fergie

"CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT" Who was shouting that?
    BERBA wrote: »
    Disgraceful comments from Fergie , bottom line was they were 2 yellow cards and he deserved to go .
    Did I hear that correctly from SAF "typical Germans":eek:
    dsmythy wrote: »

"Its not racism, its ethnic criticism Bill...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

To be fair he is pretty sick of losing to German teams,Dortmund,Leverkusen and Bayern.
    Good to see he still has some fury in him,I was beginning to think he had lost it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,564 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Drew!

C'mon....cop on, Utd are out, Bayern are through, so there is only one winner for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

murpho999 wrote: »

United destroyed Bayern up until the sending off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I am a little disappointed in Fergie's lack of graciousness but the man is absolutely seething. Two season turning results in the space of a few days. One lost to a shocking officials call and tonight the inexperience of youth costing us the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

flahavaj wrote: »
    Is that Gary Neville roaring "cheats" in the background?:pac:

Was wondering who that was alright:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

murpho999 wrote: »

Ah come on.... How can you say that Utd didn't do well tonight? They blew away Bayern in the first half until Carrick messed up. Then after going down to ten men they defended well until Carrick came in for his Act 2 cameo and Robben scored a cracking goal.

In my books... that is doing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

People are giving too much abuse to the RTE panel. It is just Dunphy that talks s**t. Giles knows his stuff. Far better than hearing the ridiculously biased "opinions" on Sky or ITV. It is fair enough to point out the flaws in United's last three games.

Overall just so disheartened with the result, 3 soft goals over the two ties and a wonder strike sent them out. Too many errors over the two legs really. The tie was there for the taking several times over both legs. Should have pushed on in the first leg at 1-0 and then tonight the sucker punch of the first goal/red card. Once Rafael was sent off it had an inevitability, just felt like it was coming. Very hard to play against a physical team like Bayern with 10 men, especially with Rooney going off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Ahahaha Ferguson.... what a man, gracious in defeat as always. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

What Bill should of said of instead of his embarassing racist comment.

• Advertisement

Drew!
    Won on away goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

What a terrible week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

niallo24 wrote: »
    Immense respect for Fergie but have to say after seeing that interview...what a twat. Now I know where Man U fans get it from.

Ah get down off your high ****ing horse. What utter ****e!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Drew!

my apologies.... i will turn back on the telly for the extra time so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

niallo24 wrote: »

Bash Fergie for saying what he said and then saying "Now i know where Man U fans get it from?"

Good man yerself.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I'll give you very good odds on that if you'd like but Bayern wont get past Lyon anyway.
    Of course they will.
    adox wrote: »
    Thanks for the ****ing spoilers!!!!!

Jesus do people ever ****ing learn?
    Ah GTFO of here and go watch the highlights.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Must say Ribery did not cover himself in glory in his protestations to ref. Yes Rafael tugged at him but Ribery should have let ref made the decision.

you are right Neville, Ferdinand or Rooney never try to influence refereeing decisions especially not ones as importans as these

He can say whatever he wants!

Ahem, no-He can't!!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Channel 5 on Thursday nites!!! To all the United Fans who Laughed at Liverpool. Guess what we're still in Europe !!!!!

• Advertisement

I'd love if Fergie heard Dunphy blabbing on and called him out on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Cant believe Utd lost that match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Liam O wrote: »
    United destroyed Bayern up until the sending off.

and............?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

What a rollercoaster of emotions. From Rooney being announced on the teamsheet, going 3-0 up on 42 minutes, all the way down to going out with Rooney looking injured again. F*ck me this last week has sucked.

Bayern's boosts came in such perfect times from their pov - to pull a goal back just before half time, and to have a man advantage into the second half. I was sh*tting myself when Rafael got his first yellow, as immense as he was against Ribery I felt he was a ticking timebomb. The Munich players didn't cover themselves in glory surrounding the referee, but imho he was already reaching for his pocket. Not only being forced to sacrifice a player, but that player being Rooney, had the writing on the wall.

Robben's goal was majestic, it has to be said. And from there you have to credit Bayern, their ball retention was fantastic. They spread it from one corner to the other with every move, made the pitch absolutely massive. From a United pov I don't think you can say a bad word against them, some decent chances were created with ten men - too much just went against the team on the night.

To go out on goal difference after winning the second tie is pretty sickening, but best of luck to Bayern I guess. Though you really can't look past Barcelona to retain the crown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

So I'd imagine a move for ze German Ribery in the summer is off the cards now?

5ForKeeps wrote: »
    Channel 5 on Thursday nites!!! To all the United Fans who Laughed at Liverpool. Guess what we're still in Europe !!!!!
    Dont shout that too loud ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Carrick was really terrible tonight surely he'll be gone come summer.

Yea and at least Southampton won the Johnsthons Paint Trophy so they are better than United.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

cson wrote: »
    Bayern's [and Inter's] level of organisation will cause Barcelona a few problems imo should they meet.

Bayern are a complete shambles defensively. If they meet Barcelona they will lose by at least four goals. How on earth can anyone watch that game and think that Bayern are well organised?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

The amount of ABU's on this thread is staggering. Reminds me of Nelson off the simpsons. I hope ye get a great kick out of tonight cos next year the United quest to win the champions league continues. Not just to qualify but to win it. If Rafael deserved a second yellow then the match should have ended 7 a side.

It's the europa league, stop embarrassing yourself

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement