Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs. FC Bayern München - Champions League Q/Final 2nd Leg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

was going to post the same as Bukman, attack from the off and really play at a high tempo.

(you're a great addition to the forum by the way buk, find myself agreeing with almost all of your posts!)

CMON UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I was going to use the facepalm image for your post, weird that!

Best at what they do? What are you on about? How can you possibly enjoy listening to those idiots on RTE? I prefer proper discussion after a game, not some pub talk. It's embarrassing how people still think they're great etc :D

Who do you watch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Pro. F wrote: »
    I don't think the tactics in Munich were to sit back tbh, it just happene because of the lack motivation and concentration imo. Either way, hopefully you're right. I'm gettin nervous now - especially because I sort of have this glimmer of hope that the team will end up putting in one of those great performances that they come out with now and again.

Maybe they didn't set out to sit back and defend, but I'd reckon they went there with the intention of getting a draw. Perhaps the early goal made us too complacent but I still think the tactics last week were not to lose.

Either way, we need to be more motivated/adventurous tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

I was going to use the facepalm image for your post, weird that!

Best at what they do? What are you on about? How can you possibly enjoy listening to those idiots on RTE? I prefer proper discussion after a game, not some pub talk. It's embarrassing how people still think they're great etc :D

no holds barred ,no brownnosing like itv and sky sports,laughing bill winding the boys up pretending that he doesnt know hes winding them up,lads falling for it,sly digs at each other throughout.has everyone in stitches at home/in the pub.

much better than sky sports and itvs 'expert' analysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Come on Bayern!

Attack, attack, attack and the tie is yours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Could someone please point me in the direction of the Bayern United match Thread, I appear to have stumbled into the " United in decline yet again thread combined with the RTE panel appreciation thread" by mistake and it's much too rough in here for me.

Really looking forward to this game, hoping for a reaction to two poor diplays in a row from the United team. Did I see somewhere it's been 10 years since we lost three in row, it's certainly been a long time.

The Muppet wrote: »
    Could someone please point me in the direction of the Bayern United match Thread, I appear to have stumbled into the " United in decline yet again thread combined with the RTE panel appreciation thread" by mistake and it's much too rough in here for me.

Really looking forward to this game, hoping for a reaction to two poor diplays in a row from the United team. Did I see somewhere it's been 10 years since we lost three in row, it's certainly been a long time.

10 years?thats some achievement if thats true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Bukman13 wrote: »
    Ush1 55
    Boskowski 32
    keane2097 28
    Pro. F 24
    Mitch Connor 21
    Bukman13 16
    flahavaj 14
    Spud83 13
    SlickRic 11
    Headshot 10

Here's your answer

See this would never happen back in the day

We would have run out of PIGEONS

anplaya wrote: »
    10 years?thats some achievement if thats true.

I read it in a newspaper article on the build up to tonights match, a quick google gives this up, obviously from someone with a better memory than myself.
    I think the last time we lost three games in a row was in the 1996/97 season.
    We lost 6-3 at Southampton. then 1-0 at Fenerbahce and then lost 2-1 at home to Chelsea.

Records are made to be broken but hopefully not tonight.

BTW That 6 3 at southhampton shouldn't count , we must have had the grey shirts on that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

keane2097 wrote: »
    Lol that was brilliant! You start off by having a go at United fans for having unrealistic opinions of their team and then continue with how Bayern are going to basically destroy them in every part of the field.

I only said that Bayern will do serious damage in the midfield, not everywhere. I was only referring to Bayern, not United. I didn't review United, nor did I post analysis of them... so your idea that I said United will be destroyed everywhere points to you either not reading, or mis-reading the post entirely.
    keane2097 wrote: »
    My favourite is how half your team will be taking potshots all night and at least one of them from each player are "bound" to go in :D

Half? Or just the midfield? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Anybody who watches post match analysis (be it RTE, ITV, SKY or BBC) and expects to learn something or find an engaging disscussion about the game is kidding themselves.

Their primary function these days is to entertain and RTE are head and shoulders above the rest in that category.

To be fair, at times Giles can be fairly insightful with regards tactics and playing the game. Granted they know jack sh*t about any league other then the English one and any players that play outside of it. Oh for the days of Liam Brady...

I read it in a newspaper article on the build up to tonights match, a quick google gives this up, obviously from someone with a better memory than myself.

ooh jinx :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

25 pages before the match even kicks off?

New record?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

SSN: Rooney arrives in tracksuit with his kitbag @ OT!

Sounds positive

Trained last 3 days according to SSN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

redout wrote: »

Sounds positive

Won't sound too positive if he takes any further damage to the ankle.......not that the rest of us would be crying about it:)

Can't see how he'd be play tho':eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Buzzing about this game now after reading through the last few pages and watching SSN most the day.

Bring on kick off.

BTW That 6 3 at southhampton shouldn't count , we must have had the grey shirts on that day.

:D best post match excuse ever , in Fergie we trust

The grey shirts were the year before when we lost 3-1 at the Dell. The 6-3 came just after losing 5-0 to Newcastle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

The grey shirts were the year before when we lost 3-1 at the Dell. The 6-3 came just after losing 5-0 to Newcastle.

I was thinking that, does that make it 4-in-a-row we lost that year?

Won't sound too positive if he takes any further damage to the ankle.......not that the rest of us would be crying about it:)

Can't see how he'd be play tho':eek:

Biggest Game of the Season now , I expect him to feature. The injury looked very slight when he did it, I'v had worse twists coming home at night ;) and been fine next day. I don't think it's a gamble at all really.

• Advertisement

no way Rooney should play any part tonight , it would be madness ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Sounds positive

He apparently trained with the youth team yesterday morning to avoid the cameras, he was seen cycling around carrington throughout the day.

Ferguson mind games?

I though that it was a different game as I remembered the half time strip change stopping the rot of the first half. We had 2 bad losses to Southampton in the 6 3 and 3 1 when fergie famously blamed the strip.

ccosgrave wrote: »
    I was thinking that, does that make it 4-in-a-row we lost that year?

Lost 3 league games in a row. Lost to Fenerbahce in between too. Beat Arsenal and Liverpool at either end of the run.

He apparently trained with the youth team yesterday morning to avoid the cameras, he was seen cycling around carrington throughout the day.

Ferguson mind games?

Fergie at his best should he start but even if he does I highly doubt he is near 100%.

Lost 3 league games in a row. Lost to Fenerbahce in between too. Beat Arsenal and Liverpool at either end of the run.

Howdy Statto.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Sounds positive

So did Gallas, look what happened there! I don't think Rooney should play but, at the same time United will struggle without him. Interesting to see how it pans out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

As much as Rooney shouldn't play. I would be so fúcking ecstatic if he did!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Unconfirmed reports: Rooney starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

No way....what time are the teams announced?? C'mon Rooney..

• Advertisement

Apparently thats the consensus in the press room at OT.

Howdy Statto.:)

Premier League Years has been on all week! That said, I still remember the losing spell from the Manchester United magazines I used to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Archimedes wrote: »

I doubt very much he is gonna start, if anything he may make the bench. Id be very surprised if he is involved at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Archimedes wrote: »

im ****ting myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

ferguson gambling his season if he starts Rooney in a game United are favourites for anyway imo. watever about having him on the bench in case its not going to plan, starting him is lunacy though.

Ben Hibbs says the same.

http://twitter.com/benhibbs

Get in. I'm sure he wouldn't be risked unless he was right - so I'm trusting the United doctors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Now confirmed (bbc)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭the_one_&_only

rooney and rafael start:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Mr Alan wrote: »
    ferguson gambling his season if he starts Rooney in a game United are favourites for anyway imo. watever about having him on the bench in case its not going to plan, starting him is lunacy though.

I agree, whats it say about Manutd squad if Rooney is only say 50% fit and how much we rely on him. Its a big gamble if the reports are true but will wait and see first.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Now confirmed (bbc)

SSN: Have nothing on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Yep...rooney starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Jesus Archi why did you have to post that Rooney rumour? I feel f*cking ill.

The entire season is at risk if he makes his ankle worse.:eek:

Confirmed: Wayne Rooney starts up front for Man Utd :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

big ****ing gamble by fergie and I dont like it one bit

Mr Alan wrote: »

I don't think it's very much of a gamble at all, As i heard it he's trained for the last three days, doing a full session and training match yesterday.

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    big ****ing gamble by fergie and I dont like it one bit

Agree. No way he is 100%

That said, fcuking Boo-yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Twas only a little sprain lads. He's had plenty of time to heal from such an injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

its quite remarkable how little faith Ferguson has in Berba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Im speechless, he must be more than 50% fit and this has been the best kept secret in football for a long time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'm half delighted and half sick that its a risk too far,

Gotta trust Fergie though. He wouldn't let his heart rule his head when it comes to a player's long term health.

Would he?:eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement