Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XML Flash Connector

• 06-04-2010 12:04pm

Apologies if this is the wrong section.

I am using Flash CS3 Professional with Action Script 2 and have an XML Flash Connector on one of my scenes with various other components (combobox, text area, list). When the Scene is tested, everything works perfectly and the data gets read from the XML file, yet when I test the movie and navigate there via the buttons, 1 of 2 things happens:

1: Without a stop(); included on one of the frames on the timeline, the scene with the XML connector flashes on screen but returns straight away to the previous scene

2: With a stop(); included on the timeline, the XML scene remains but nothing is being read from the XML file.

Does anyone know how I may solve this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

1. Always test the whole movie not the scene, it's not a good indicator.
    2. Maybe you're notinitializing things before using them. Put the stop() and on the 2nd frame.

Advertisement