Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Travel System

Options
  • 06-04-2010 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Am looking for a travel system that can be used from new born upwards. We also do alot of walking so would need a buggy/pushchair to be good for that as well.

Anyone any ideas or reviews?

Thanks
    Anto

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is heavy for putting in and out of the boot but a fantastic travel system.
    The maxi cosi mura 3 or 4.
    We bought it for the baba now 15 months and we have not come across anything better since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I genuinely think the Mothercare mychoice is the best you can buy, bulky and v heavy but damn it its brilliant. It comes in 3 and 4 wheel and I have the 3 wheel version, it is able for any terraine and is able to be used as a travel cot too. A Maxi-Cosi infant car seat can be attached also so I found that very handy!

Good Luck in finding whats best for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Totally agree with wolfpawnat. I have the mothercare my4 and it has been one of the best purchases we made. It's bulky but light and easy to manoeuvre. Now that my little guy is older I love that I can change it from buggy to pram position easily. And I constantly use the maxi cosi with it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

If you want to walk a lot then go with a system with big wheels and if you are on rough ground then if at all possible go for something with pumped air tyres.

Write down what you want your pushchair to do for you.

Do you want a carrycot for daytime sleeping?
    Does it have to be carseat compatible?
    If so do you want a carseat that sits in a base? (maxi cosi, britax, recaro all isofix, graco belt in only)
    Do you want the seat to be reversable (face you and face away)
    Will you fold it in the house or leave it upright (does it take up much room stored)
    Are you planning another child soon after the first? Would you consider a pushchair that can convert to a double (P&T, I candy etc)

Finally when you have decided on what you want, ask if you can bring the floor model out to your car to see can it fit in your boot!
    It's no good having chosen what you want only to find it doesn't fit and has to be returned.
    Check the return policy and warranty with your pushchair and also what the manufacturer offers (bugaboo/quinny offer 2yr warranty on manufacturing faults) also query whether spare parts are readily available (very easy to lose car seat adaptors or damage raincovers)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

hi all, we (or should i really say my better half :)) have our hearts set on a quinny. where is the cheapest place online/or in store to get one? we have seen a couple that are on special offers in the likes of mother care at 349 euro for the 'trolley' but the 'baby crib' is an additional 149 and then the car seat is 115 with the base 129 (maxi cosi and easybase). we dont really want a second hand one for our first child, not sure if that sounds a bit strange, but any advice on where to look for bargains and whether they are actually as good as percieved. We dont do any terrain walking or the like, main influence would be its weight and whether it would fit in the boot of a hatch back seat leon, which is the wifes car.
    thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Which Quinny did you decide on?
    kiddicare.com had good offers on the quinny
    there are always new ones for sale on ebay.
    Euro baby often have good sales on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

hi, it the buzz 3 wheeler. idealy we were looking at the 'iron' colour as we have decided not to find out if we're having a boy or a girl... although neutral colours like black/greay/green etc are an option.
    any opinions on quality or locations to get them cheaper than mentioned above?
    thanks
    again

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

We got the buzz 3 wheeler system, love it. Little man is nearly 6 months now, so it has been well tested! We got the chasis, carry cot, buggy, car seat and isofix base in tony kealys, around 700 euro, that was last year, but they seem to have good deals. Mothercare have a sale on at the moment, haveoffers on quinny, but don't know specifics.
    It's light, and fits in the boot of my golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭miami2007

i got this about 2 weeks ago - delighted with it. babys not due till august but just thought it was great value and liked the colour too - quite gender neutral!

http://www.eurobaby.ie/Quinny_Buzz_Package_Racoon/335_p.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Antoennis

Thanks for the recommendations. Must start and look for them now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 flamy

Hi all. We recently purchased a Quinny Buzz Travel System and are now looking to buy a car. We want to go for a Golf MK4 and are wondering if the chassis and pram (carrycot) will fit in the boot. From looking around, people say the chassis will fit but I can't find any info about the pram, I'd rather not have to put it in the backseat with the baby. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Antoennis wrote: »
    Am looking for a travel system that can be used from new born upwards. We also do alot of walking so would need a buggy/pushchair to be good for that as well.

Anyone any ideas or reviews?

Thanks
    Anto

For walking in my opinion the quinny buzz is not good enough the quinny speedi is better. I think the phil n teds is best for walking on country by-roads and can be a double if needed in time
    I had the buzz and bought the phil n ted when number 2 came along. I used the pnted exclusively once I had it. am sorry I did not buy it day one.

Suggestion of making a list of what you need it for is a good one, dont be too swayed by sales staff always go home and think about it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

flamy wrote: »
    Hi all. We recently purchased a Quinny Buzz Travel System and are now looking to buy a car. We want to go for a Golf MK4 and are wondering if the chassis and pram (carrycot) will fit in the boot. From looking around, people say the chassis will fit but I can't find any info about the pram, I'd rather not have to put it in the backseat with the baby. Thank you!
    Would you be able to testdrive the car and bring the pram to see? I have a Jane and its a bit of a tractor so if I ever get to changing the car I hope to be able to bring it if I can test drive

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ash_kay

I have a Quinny Buzz and a Golf mk4. Yes, the chassis, plus the pushchair seat, fit in the boot. It's tight, but they do fit, without having to take off the wheels.
    I never needed to put the carrycot into the car, and it's packed away now so I can't check, but, I'd be pretty sure that they'd both fit together. However, you would definitely need to take the parcel tray out of the car, and have the carrycot peep above the bottom of the rear window, if you know what I mean. But, I have no idea if it's safe to travel without the parcel tray in place when you've a boot full of metal and a baba on the back seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 flamy

ash_kay wrote: »
    I have a Quinny Buzz and a Golf mk4. Yes, the chassis, plus the pushchair seat, fit in the boot. It's tight, but they do fit, without having to take off the wheels.
    I never needed to put the carrycot into the car, and it's packed away now so I can't check, but, I'd be pretty sure that they'd both fit together. However, you would definitely need to take the parcel tray out of the car, and have the carrycot peep above the bottom of the rear window, if you know what I mean. But, I have no idea if it's safe to travel without the parcel tray in place when you've a boot full of metal and a baba on the back seat.

Thanks so much for the reply, it's good to know the pushchair will fit anyway as that's what we'll be using for longest. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

hi all, we (or should i really say my better half :)) have our hearts set on a quinny. where is the cheapest place online/or in store to get one? we have seen a couple that are on special offers in the likes of mother care at 349 euro for the 'trolley' but the 'baby crib' is an additional 149 and then the car seat is 115 with the base 129 (maxi cosi and easybase). we dont really want a second hand one for our first child, not sure if that sounds a bit strange, but any advice on where to look for bargains and whether they are actually as good as percieved. We dont do any terrain walking or the like, main influence would be its weight and whether it would fit in the boot of a hatch back seat leon, which is the wifes car.
    thanks in advance

Can I ask if you got a Quinny?! We are thinking of getting one! Am 5 & a half months pregnant & there is just so much choice out there! Thanks!

Advertisement