Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭_ricochet_

The dress code for work there is business casual (pants & shirt), so that should be the minimum you wear for the interview in my opinion.

Expect the typical interview questions like how did you deliver exceptional customer service etc... Another would be how to download an app, talk them through this from the very start taking into account all scenarios. Look up some info on the company plus there customer Everything Everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Just wear a suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just been offered a job there in Eishtec. With 6 weeks paid training so i am going to take it.

Happy with that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Just been offered a job there in Eishtec. With 6 weeks paid training so i am going to take it.

Happy with that one

Well done, hope it all works out ok for ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BoredsUser

Eishtec Round 2 Interview,anyone wanna give me some tips what to expect ??? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Hunky_Dory

BoredsUser wrote: »
    Eishtec Round 2 Interview,anyone wanna give me some tips what to expect ??? :D

Well for me anyway the second interview was more of a chat than anything! Obviously you still you need to be dressed formally, but it was much more like a relaxed chat than an interview.
    Only lasted a few minutes unlike the first interview which went on for a good while.

The woman I met with was lovely, and told me more or less told me I was successful, they'd see what dates they could start me and ring me back the next day. Rang me early the next morning and asked me to start next week! :)

She might go through some of the same questions, like she asked me how I would manage being in college and working there... and why did i want to work there.. But since you've got the second interview you clearly answered them well in the first place so you wont have a problem!

Good Luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BoredsUser

Hunky_Dory wrote: »
    Well for me anyway the second interview was more of a chat than anything! Obviously you still you need to be dressed formally, but it was much more like a relaxed chat than an interview.
    Only lasted a few minutes unlike the first interview which went on for a good while.

The woman I met with was lovely, and told me more or less told me I was successful, they'd see what dates they could start me and ring me back the next day. Rang me early the next morning and asked me to start next week! :)

She might go through some of the same questions, like she asked me how I would manage being in college and working there... and why did i want to work there.. But since you've got the second interview you clearly answered them well in the first place so you wont have a problem!

Good Luck! :)

Thanks Man,
    Has made me feel a bit better about it ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 neko

Blaalarry wrote: »
    I'm starting this thread as a sort of Job Centre for Waterford.

If you hear of ANY job that is going in Waterford will you please hang it on this thread. Also any details about the job, (such as location, nature of work, contact ph. numbers, email addresses or names) would be a big help.

I'm lucky enough to be working, but i remember too well what it was like to be idle. Its a soul destroying way to live.

FANTASTIC IDEA
    STILL NO LOOK FINDING A POSITION AS A CARER EVEN THO I HAVE MY FETAC 5 IN HEALTH CARE WHICH IS NEEDED

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

neko wrote: »
    FANTASTIC IDEA
    STILL NO LOOK FINDING A POSITION AS A CARER EVEN THO I HAVE MY FETAC 5 IN HEALTH CARE WHICH IS NEEDED

Keep an eye on publicjobs.ie as they were advertising for support staff in the HSE which included carers. The deadline for this has now past 7th June but you never know when they could have another recruitment:) Good luck!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

neko wrote: »
    FANTASTIC IDEA
    STILL NO *LUCK FINDING A POSITION AS A CARER EVEN *THOUGH I HAVE MY FETAC 5 IN HEALTH CARE WHICH IS NEEDED

Hope this helps.
    Perhaps proof read your CV...
    http://jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1180508

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Blaalarry

Just popped back to see how my lil ol' thread is getting on. Amazing it now has had over 150,000 visits.:)

I wonder how many people have gotten jobs from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

Hi everyone.

I applied for an Admin Assistant job a few weeks ago that was in the Munster Express, it was a full colour ad, there was no name for the company and it said to send C.V.'s to a Gmail account.

So, I applied for it anyway and got an email back today saying that the job was no longer available but that they're looking for a Personal Assistant. The email seriously stank of some kind of scam, looking for personal details (even though they already have my C.V.), full of spelling errors and the salary price was in Sterling.

There's just something really dodgy about it. Did anyone else here apply and got the same email? Do the Munster Express check their advertisers out to make sure they're legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 marnieb

Hi there
    Just to say I think the same advert was in the Wexford local papers a few weeks ago and I think it was last year aswell. I didn't reply but just thought it was funny it is in the munster express aswell, without saying where exactly the jobs are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

spankysue wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

I applied for an Admin Assistant job a few weeks ago that was in the Munster Express, it was a full colour ad, there was no name for the company and it said to send C.V.'s to a Gmail account.

So, I applied for it anyway and got an email back today saying that the job was no longer available but that they're looking for a Personal Assistant. The email seriously stank of some kind of scam, looking for personal details (even though they already have my C.V.), full of spelling errors and the salary price was in Sterling.

There's just something really dodgy about it. Did anyone else here apply and got the same email? Do the Munster Express check their advertisers out to make sure they're legit?

It is a scam - he has been busted for it - will post details/links later when i am at home

Elbows22 wrote: »
    It is a scam - he has been busted for it - will post details/links later when i am at home

Thanks for that, glad I didn't reply to his email :)

Thanks for that, glad I didn't reply to his email :)

I had applied for that as well and I got the dodgy email today! Glad I didnt reply either! Good to hear he was caught but hope our cv's haven't been given to third parties:(

Amzie wrote: »
    I had applied for that as well and I got the dodgy email today! Glad I didnt reply either! Good to hear he was caught but hope our cv's haven't been given to third parties:(

I was thinking the same thing, kicking myself now that I sent it. I even thought it was weird that there was no company name in the ad at the time and still applied. Really didn't think that a reputable paper would carry a scam ad though...

I was thinking the same thing, kicking myself now that I sent it. I even thought it was weird that there was no company name in the ad at the time and still applied. Really didn't think that a reputable paper would carry a scam ad though...

Ah not much we can do now!! I just think next time i'll go with my gut feeling and not apply unless im sure its legit! I hate when ad's dont show what company is actually hiring, it would make you feel they have something to hide and this one certainly did:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭justbored

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrgardener

To be fair, they can't probably vet every advert?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

mrgardener wrote: »

Well if it really was advertised as badly as it sounds ie. no company name, not alot of description it would of been very obvious that something wasn't right and the paper should not of printed it.
    And if it has happened with other papers I'm sure they would of been warned to look of for ads such as this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Considering there are so few job adverts these days I don't think that would have been the problem.

I get your point. I called into them today and they said I'm not the first to contact them and they've reported it to the ASAI. The ad was actually supposed to run again this week and they've removed it now so at least nobody else will be taken in by it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

282732_236468529804453_673718712_n.jpg

Might be of interest to some of you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

AdMMM wrote: »
    282732_236468529804453_673718712_n.jpg

Might be of interest to some of you...

Thanks for this. When was it advertised?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Viewtodiefor

Nursing jobs Waterford? Hey all anyone know where to look for nursing jobs in waterford? My gf is trying to move down here but struggling to see any adverts anywhere/ everywhere else in the country except Waterford! Any help appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

callaway92 wrote: »
    Thanks for this. When was it advertised?
    It was posted up by the Hasbro Ireland account earlier today. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

Did anyone hear that call managment is doing a commision only structure now?

Just heard it there but dunno is it true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 GiveEmHellKid

There's a sign up outside Harvey's about experienced Bar Staff wanted. Apply withing with CV and all that. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 FootballWiz93

Keltech Engineering are always taken people on , It has a bad name alright but work is work

Advertisement