Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 deisedeco

deisemum wrote: »
    This might be worth a phonecall to confirm to see if it's still open if people don't mind travelling.

My husband recently started working in Boston Scientific in Clonmel and he came home today and said a colleague told him they're taking on a further 30 people. They've already taken on quite a few staff, my husband being one of them.

what kind of job did ur husband get ? and how did he apply ? email/post cv/ application form??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

He emailed his CV about 3 months ago and they contacted him less than 4 weeks ago on a Monday, interview next day, reference check on the Wednesday, medical on the Friday and started on the following Monday. I think he's a general operative but they were taking on staff for other sections too.

He's on a temporary contract but it may be extended until Christmas, maybe longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Keci11

By any chance do you have address to email to. I went onto website and cant find one ?

Keci11 wrote: »
    By any chance do you have address to email to. I went onto website and cant find one ?

I'll get him to look for it tomorrow but remind me in case I forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 deisedeco

deisemum wrote: »
    I'll get him to look for it tomorrow but remind me in case I forget.

yeah i would like that email address too.... nothing on website ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Do ye not have phones lads?

Boston Scientific - Clonmel
    Cashel Rd.
    Clonmel
    Co Tipperary
    Ireland
    TEL: +353+52 6181000
    Fax: +353+52 6181001

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

dazftw wrote: »
    Do ye not have phones lads?

Boston Scientific - Clonmel
    Cashel Rd.
    Clonmel
    Co Tipperary
    Ireland
    TEL: +353+52 6181000
    Fax: +353+52 6181001

pfff who uses phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Doylers wrote: »
    pfff who uses phones

People who really want a job and not be lazy and email in.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

He hasn't got the email address at home but if you phone BS on Monday they'll give the correct email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Max Powers wrote: »
    Waterford County Council are looking for an Environmental Enforcement Officer. Spec says a lot but includes issuing fines to busineses/individuals, dog owners who dont clean up after dog, and monitoring fly-tipping. Sounds like a bit of a mare handing out fines but on saying that, i have never heard anyone ever getting a fine for dog littering or littering so its probably a tiny part of the job. based in Dungarvan. worth a look

If its like the similar job with the corpo, you would want to be a particular type of individual to do this job and it would be an advantage working in the county and living in the city. Job would entail taking people to court, confronting people who fly tip, setting up stings, surveilence etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

dazftw wrote: »
    People who really want a job and not be lazy and email in.

It's a fair point you know. Your CV could easily get swallowed up with 20 others in an inbox but if you phone ahead they might remember your name or anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Ghostbusthat

Did anyone apply (or hear anything back) for the clothes shop opening near George's Court?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 reg89

Did anyone apply (or hear anything back) for the clothes shop opening near George's Court?

I have applied and heard nothing yet. I emailed them to see when they are opening and they have not set a date yet! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Robo082

Hi Lads, Anyone heard about Abbott in Clonmel, taking operators? I applied in January and got no answer yet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

They said they had no date set? :S
    Sounds dodgy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Robo082 wrote: »
    Hi Lads, Anyone heard about Abbott in Clonmel, taking operators? I applied in January and got no answer yet :(

3 friends of mine have applied since Feb and have gotten work there on the lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Robo082

I am happy for your friends, I hope I will get in there soon aswell :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Ghostbusthat

They said they had no date set? :S
    Sounds dodgy....
    Just saw on Facebook that they're opening on July 27th. Guess I didn't get the job so :(

Just saw on Facebook that they're opening on July 27th. Guess I didn't get the job so :(

Yea just saw that..you never know, I still live in hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭war_child

Hey all plenty of new positions bein stuck upon here gonna get on to a few of these myself , good luck people

http://www.waterfordjobs.ie/

• Advertisement

From Sam McCauleys Facebook page

We have a job opening in Sam McCauleys, Broad St. Waterford! We need an over the counter Sales Assistant! Do you have previous retail experience? Are you a bright, enthusiastic and positive person with excellent merchandising skills? We can offer a Competitive Hourly rate, Great Staff Discount, Friendly team environment and Opportunities for career advancement and additional skills training. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and a detailed covering letter to human.resources@smcc.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

Does anyone know if there are a lot of unemployed Primary School teachers in Waterford. A mate of mine has some positions for primary schools abroad with pretty decent money. He is going to advertise nationally this week but I though I would give any Waterford teachers a heads up. You PM me for details if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

FYI..........RK Corporation Ad

http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1190389

The ad is not particularly well written!!!

Did you get an interview?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Pamela Scott looking for staff. So was Fitzpatricks downstairs.

Cant recall where else I saw signs but a few around the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Subway in town had a sign up in the window there yesterday. No other details other than "staff wanted".

• Registered Users Posts: 18 cjohnenglish

i had two interviews in eishtec. the first one last an hour and the second one was only about ten minutes. i felt really, really good coming out of both interviews. in the second one, the woman gave me times of when i'd be starting if i were hired. she said she'd ring me in "a couple" of days and tomorrow will be the second. however, from reading here it seems everyone who was hired there was rang an hour or two after their second interview. if anyone on here is reading this can you please reply or send me a PM? do i still have a chance of getting the job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

i had two interviews in eishtec. the first one last an hour and the second one was only about ten minutes. i felt really, really good coming out of both interviews. in the second one, the woman gave me times of when i'd be starting if i were hired. she said she'd ring me in "a couple" of days and tomorrow will be the second. however, from reading here it seems everyone who was hired there was rang an hour or two after their second interview. if anyone on here is reading this can you please reply or send me a PM? do i still have a chance of getting the job?

More than likely not did the same thing to me and then took 3 weeks to send me an email saying I didn't get it. Your prob better off you didnt get the job in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 cjohnenglish

shanemul wrote: »
    More than likely not did the same thing to me and then took 3 weeks to send me an email saying I didn't get it. Your prob better off you didnt get the job in my opinion

wow. why bring me in for the second interview at all? thanks for the heads up.

Advertisement