Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭whatanidiot

Emobile/meteor are hiring a part timer. 17.5 hours a week. I sent my CV to bromley recruitment and they just rang me about it. You need to have a day free during the week as I didnt suit being in college.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Alpha Design are currently seeking to fill two positions. We are on the look out for a talented freelance Graphic Designer who has a passion for web & graphic design and produces creative designs. The candidate should be familiar with InDesign and Corel Draw. We are also seeking a Web Developer who has experience in developing with web technologies including PHP, mySQL, HTML, and CSS. Experience with Facebook application development would be ideal, but isn't required.

Apply by email with an up-to-date CV and comprehensive portfolio to Kevin O'Sullivan - kevin@alphadesign.ie. We always reply to applicants! :)

Alpha Design is based in Waterford. We offer superior graphic design, web design and web development solutions to our clients. We serve clients from businesses and organisations of all sizes and regularly develop completely custom web applications for businesses.

Our website; www.alphadesign.ie for more information on who we are. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Dont work in Hasbro people, even if its "better than nothing", Its easily the worst place to work in the city, bullying is a HUGE problem and the HR/Management are a useless shower of cowards who sweep the problem under the carpet. People have left there by the dozens because of the bullying and harrasment from supervisors and co workers, some really really nasty horrible people out there. Avoid like the PLAGUE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Dont work in Hasbro people, even if its "better than nothing", Its easily the worst place to work in the city, bullying is a HUGE problem and the HR/Management are a useless shower of cowards who sweep the problem under the carpet. People have left there by the dozens because of the bullying and harrasment from supervisors and co workers, some really really nasty horrible people out there. Avoid like the PLAGUE.

I have had 3 contracts out there and I can't say I thought it was that bad. Some of the management didn't come across the best granted but I didn't see any bullying of any kind. The job sucks the life out of you mind. Boring really doesn't describe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

shanemul wrote: »
    i had two interviews in eishtec. the first one last an hour and the second one was only about ten minutes. i felt really, really good coming out of both interviews. in the second one, the woman gave me times of when i'd be starting if i were hired. she said she'd ring me in "a couple" of days and tomorrow will be the second. however, from reading here it seems everyone who was hired there was rang an hour or two after their second interview. if anyone on here is reading this can you please reply or send me a PM? do i still have a chance of getting the job?

More than likely not did the same thing to me and then took 3 weeks to send me an email saying I didn't get it. Your prob better off you didnt get the job in my opinion

Why would you be better off not getting the job ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

ziedth wrote: »
    I have had 3 contracts out there and I can't say I thought it was that bad. Some of the management didn't come across the best granted but I didn't see any bullying of any kind. The job sucks the life out of you mind. Boring really doesn't describe it.

I worked there for 5 yrs before I just had to get out of there, it was a horrible atmosphere of cliques and bullying. Im surprised you say you saw no evidence of it, mainly the people who start together stay together so that might be it. Yes the work is very boring but the worst of it is how the supervisors treat you. I was in 3 departments in my time there and the supervisors roar at you if you make a mistake, humiliate you in front of others and generally slag you off behind your back. Nasty doesnt even begin to describe it and when I made an official complaint to the useless HR woman, i was told "it doesnt look good to make a complaint against the company who have employed you for 5 years", I was gobsmacked, had to go out on sick leave for 2 months before I secured another job.

My current factory job is fine, people are lovely and welcoming, you are listened to and its paid well, when I look back at my 5 years there I must have been mad to stay and I have spoken to lots of people since and they all hated the place. If you arent in the petty clique you are cast aside. I know what im talking about here so be careful if you want a job there people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

I worked there for 5 yrs before I just had to get out of there, it was a horrible atmosphere of cliques and bullying. Im surprised you say you saw no evidence of it, mainly the people who start together stay together so that might be it. Yes the work is very boring but the worst of it is how the supervisors treat you. I was in 3 departments in my time there and the supervisors roar at you if you make a mistake, humiliate you in front of others and generally slag you off behind your back. Nasty doesnt even begin to describe it and when I made an official complaint to the useless HR woman, i was told "it doesnt look good to make a complaint against the company who have employed you for 5 years", I was gobsmacked, had to go out on sick leave for 2 months before I secured another job.

My current factory job is fine, people are lovely and welcoming, you are listened to and its paid well, when I look back at my 5 years there I must have been mad to stay and I have spoken to lots of people since and they all hated the place. If you arent in the petty clique you are cast aside. I know what im talking about here so be careful if you want a job there people!

I have worked there for a year and its really boring alright but I found the people who got shouted at were the people who didn't do their job properly. I am not saying you did not do your job properly but I didn't notice any bullying except maybe by one supervisor who I just ignored.

Were you working days or evenings?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 cjohnenglish

deisedave wrote: »
    I have worked there for a year and its really boring alright but I found the people who got shouted at were the people who didn't do their job properly. I am not saying you did not do your job properly but I didn't notice any bullying except maybe by one supervisor who I just ignored.

Were you working days or evenings?

Does Hasbro currently have any openings? Even if they do not, would you have an e-mail address I can send my CV in to? I'm working part time now, but desperately want to go full time somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Does Hasbro currently have any openings? Even if they do not, would you have an e-mail address I can send my CV in to? I'm working part time now, but desperately want to go full time somewhere.

Your better off where you are man. Hasbro only take on for full time for about 10/12 weeks. I'd take part time over the year anyday. You can give your CV into the guards at the gate AFAIK.

As for the bullying, I did see a major difference in the place since they brought the cameras onto the end of the line to pick up the missing parts. They do act like you have all but bankrupted the company when the line stops and it's your fault. I can see How it would upset some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 cjohnenglish

ziedth wrote: »
    Your better off where you are man. Hasbro only take on for full time for about 10/12 weeks. I'd take part time over the year anyday. You can give your CV into the guards at the gate AFAIK.

As for the bullying, I did see a major difference in the place since they brought the cameras onto the end of the line to pick up the missing parts. They do act like you have all but bankrupted the company when the line stops and it's your fault. I can see How it would upset some people.

Thanks for the info!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Max Powers wrote: »
    Waterford County Council are looking for an Environmental Enforcement Officer. Spec says a lot but includes issuing fines to busineses/individuals, dog owners who dont clean up after dog, and monitoring fly-tipping. Sounds like a bit of a mare handing out fines but on saying that, i have never heard anyone ever getting a fine for dog littering or littering so its probably a tiny part of the job. based in Dungarvan. worth a look

That job is not happening due to budget cutbacks....:rolleyes:
    Loads of people applied for it, yet they knew all along it was never going ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

542467_475797055771420_1269840093_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lollypower

Adyx wrote: »

Thanks for posting!:) Does anyone know an email or contact info to hand in a cv for Muldoons? the building itself is just construction work at the moment as far as I now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Just hand it into the woodman across the road.

Or, do what I did and, like a letter to santa claus, throw it in the fire and hope that it makes its way up the chimney and safely to its destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lollypower

Perfect Thanks a million forgot they are the same owner. Will give it a go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Just hand it into the woodman across the road.

Or, do what I did and, like a letter to santa claus, throw it in the fire and hope that it makes its way up the chimney and safely to its destination.
    That's what I did when I thought of applying there.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭eddie-n07

Degree qualified quantity surveyor with 5 years experience with Main Contractor / PQS.

Experience in the New Government Form of Contract (Public Works Contract).

Any leads or offers welcomed.

PM me for contact details.

Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭messynessie

Saw signs up n Gamestop today, looking for part time flexi staff. Apply with CV to manager in store or online but can't remember the email!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I think I saw a sign up outside the Ramada hotel asking for staff within the past week - might be worth checking out if hotel work is your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭GrandBlaa

B&Q have two jobs (advertised on a sign by the checkout)

One is part-time / 20hr in their kitchen dept

The other is full-time, but couldn't see what it was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

reading this post makes me WANT to work there, dare anyone try that with me

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Keea

Ardkeen Stores have 2 part-time vacancies at present.

Customer Assistant and
    Deli Assistant

See http://www.ardkeen.com/News.aspx?id=521

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Costa Coffee in the cinema are looking for a barista.
    Get an application form inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sikie

Smyths Toystore on the Tramore Road have an ad beside the door looking for staff

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Greengrass123

2 jobs in oasis clothes store in debenhams.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Pandora Shop looking for staff also.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

And O'Briens by Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Came across this on Adverts.ie

http://touch.adverts.ie/jobs/dealz-ireland/store-manager-waterford/2045341

Looking for managers for the new Dealz pound shop going into Lisduggan shopping centre I'd say.
    No harm getting CVs in as they will more than likely be looking for floor staff fairly soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Eishtec call center are still hiring, apply online.

Advertisement