Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Sign up outside the Ramada hotel looking for accommodation and waiting staff.

Mizzoni pizza has a sign outside looking for a delivery driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Just announced on WLR Keltech Engineering are making redundancies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

If anyone knows of a few places that typically take on seasonal staff , ie Argos at Christmas could they post them up here please, will be handy to know with Xmas coming up, thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

argos are taking on about 700 seasonal staff nationwide I think I heard so should be positions here coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭abbyw1989

As far as I've heard so far it's the usual suspects for christmas temps:
    Argos, Homebase, B&Q, Penneys and Next
    If I hear of anymore, will post them up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

abbyw1989 wrote: »
    As far as I've heard so far it's the usual suspects for christmas temps:
    Argos, Homebase, B&Q, Penneys and Next
    If I hear of anymore, will post them up :)

Homebase currently have a vacancy for an internship - on Jobbridge, looking for floor staff....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

gman2k wrote: »
    Homebase currently have a vacancy for an internship - on Jobbridge, looking for floor staff....:rolleyes:

You've gotta be ****ing kidding me.

Got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

You've gotta be ****ing kidding me.

Got a link?

http://jobseeker.fas.ie/Default.aspx?q=B+fomdowzS8kaDnSlUDk1zaMUPiFEeNrNWjviinu490thmC2C0u+DJ/254/C9RKS+gH8G3exdLzgxTHgdRY4s8jy6uP1AB/G2biQUVX6GjvceZqZFbVLnsLeN0iNm7C8rY1bzbNsfAvir1+okjvsYXasIxV58S4SMNp+kOmvf1oK4DMY9am7efzoD1tCZrp9iVo6cfPlvJ9rfMa3V0TxD/j765NM3Q9VCe/VsdpSOVvKK+ZNOPeEV+2X1YBCaztB2Q7PjuiFCEj/emAdV3BQbkvThYd5X9C/+GRgu1hXquzVD8C5dKDQ+24JYqXvTS3DuGTmo7Cn6Iayp2oxISSBkgBf4XknQvrki1fu9x1LQ9cbuobGy+9Cnzqv6XUbKG207NaTA4asU/BhgU1yRtzAzfzWu/0ByF670npLwgFD4uioAPdeoYnLNjx996kAeKwsoookY10sg0Ac0Uiu4lUOW9bCMDT6zSkO

Shop Floor Retail Assistant
    The intern will gain practical experience in: sales, customer service and stock rotation. The intern will receive formal/informal training in the following: selling skills, health & safety, living skills, goals and the Homebase values. On completion the intern will have attained skills in the following: being able to work on their own as well as part of a team, partake in our Mystery shopper through regular huddles within the store, achieve targets through KPI s and carry out a range review in line with company procedures.

Skills Requirements
    Person required to work 5 days out of 7.

Also another Sales Asst. internship in McMahons. What a joke...Nine months to work on a till.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭abbyw1989

Only one thing worse than working a minimum wage retail job you hate and that's having to do it for free. Have they got no shame?? Jaysus!

abbyw1989 wrote: »
    Only one thing worse than working a minimum wage retail job you hate and that's having to do it for free. Have they got no shame?? Jaysus!

Don't know about you, but I won't spend money in a shop that exploits local unemployed people.
    There are too many people out of work in Waterford, the few euros that we have to spend should be helping local jobs, not enriching the greasy pockets of some absentee shopkeeper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

CuriousG wrote: »
    http://jobseeker.fas.ie/Default.aspx?q=B+fomdowzS8kaDnSlUDk1zaMUPiFEeNrNWjviinu490thmC2C0u+DJ/254/C9RKS+gH8G3exdLzgxTHgdRY4s8jy6uP1AB/G2biQUVX6GjvceZqZFbVLnsLeN0iNm7C8rY1bzbNsfAvir1+okjvsYXasIxV58S4SMNp+kOmvf1oK4DMY9am7efzoD1tCZrp9iVo6cfPlvJ9rfMa3V0TxD/j765NM3Q9VCe/VsdpSOVvKK+ZNOPeEV+2X1YBCaztB2Q7PjuiFCEj/emAdV3BQbkvThYd5X9C/+GRgu1hXquzVD8C5dKDQ+24JYqXvTS3DuGTmo7Cn6Iayp2oxISSBkgBf4XknQvrki1fu9x1LQ9cbuobGy+9Cnzqv6XUbKG207NaTA4asU/BhgU1yRtzAzfzWu/0ByF670npLwgFD4uioAPdeoYnLNjx996kAeKwsoookY10sg0Ac0Uiu4lUOW9bCMDT6zSkO

The intern will gain practical experience in: sales, customer service and stock rotation. The intern will receive formal/informal training in the following: selling skills, health & safety, living skills, goals and the Homebase values. On completion the intern will have attained skills in the following: being able to work on their own as well as part of a team, partake in our Mystery shopper through regular huddles within the store, achieve targets through KPI s and carry out a range review in line with company procedures.

Skills Requirements

Also another Sales Asst. internship in McMahons. What a joke...Nine months to work on a till.

You know where to send this CuriousG :D
    We have to clean up this town of Jobsbridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

CuriousG wrote: »

Skills Requirements

That is simply the perfect example of why Jobbridge is a load of balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Homebase values?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Learn valuable experience in what its like to work for a shop that couldn't give a flying **** about the workers it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

https://www.facebook.com/pages/ScamBridge/362950933781760?ref=stream

check that page , first one i saw was some wankars looking for a drain cleaner intern...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

We've been chatting alot about Scambridge on the Jobs section of boards.
    I must say i think its great thats its there.
    I just hope it can do some good in the long run and point out whats really happening

We've been chatting alot about Scambridge on the Jobs section of boards.
    I must say i think its great thats its there.
    I just hope it can do some good in the long run and point out whats really happening
    Can I suggest that people here like and share that Facebook page?
    It's important that the message gets out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

What annoys me about the JobBridge is that many seem to get good experience from it and actually get work from it. But then you have jobs up on it which are clearly taking the piss and abusing the system which makes the whole idea a joke. Can they not implement a bit more quality control?

Sully wrote: »
    What annoys me about the JobBridge is that many seem to get good experience from it and actually get work from it. But then you have jobs up on it which are clearly taking the piss and abusing the system which makes the whole idea a joke. Can they not implement a bit more quality control?

Joan Burton does not care, she believes that jobs such as this, or table waiting deserve a chance at internships....
    Watch this space ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

debenhams looking for christmas staff

http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1200241

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Penny's also looking for Xmas Staff. Saw a notice on the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭dugger

I am looking for an experienced sales person, Will supply transport and fuel card and monthly retainer along with commission, PM C.V's and Ill contact you for interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭RodgersLFC

gman2k wrote: »
    Joan Burton does not care, she believes that jobs such as this, or table waiting deserve a chance at internships....
    Watch this space ;)

It gets people off the live register so why would the government care? Its just another way for them to doctor the unemployment figures (which also dont take into account the number of people leaving the country).

I've seen job bridge advertisements for positions such as school caretaker and forecourt attendant which are quite frankly ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Unfortunately due to the huge cuts that the government has "HAD" to do over the last couple of years the V.E.C. for example relies too much on interns then work placements then interns again to function properly. It is a reality we just have to accept. The only good thing, and I mean the only good thing is that at least some people can set their alarm clocks in the morning< get out of the house and feel a smidgen of self worth. It is all to easy to get into a rut. Bring back Bertie, It was all good with him at the helm !

Firstly, Jobbridge is only for 6-9 months. So if any climb down on the unemployment figures happens, it will be short lived. So I doubt that's the reason they introduced it.

Secondly, The government does 'have' to make cuts. But that's not for here.

Finally, Jobbridge has been successful for many. But its being abused and that's what needs to stop.

Now can we please stick to job reports here!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

JJ Kavanaghs are looking for a Mechanic in Waterford (and one in Urlingford too in KK) I see on their website. Might be of interest to some.

The Jobbridge scheme is good if there's proper experience there. Nobody is going to do it for some of the 'unskilled' jobs no matter how much the company advertise it. All they are doing is damaging their own brand image.

If you're doing a decent job in the jobbridge, why not ask your employer after a couple of months for a couple of quid extra each week, cash? It may not be allowed as such as part of the scheme but if it's the difference between keeping a good worker who is giving something to the company or losing them and having to look for another JobBridge candidate (which wouldn't be overly plentiful) who may not be of the same quality then I can't see any decent employer refusing, especially if you're making them a few bob. I'm sure the owner wouldn't mind throwing an extra €50 or €100 to keep you. It's still a lot cheaper than hiring someone and it's making your wage decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

RodgersLFC wrote: »
    It gets people off the live register so why would the government care? Its just another way for them to doctor the unemployment figures (which also dont take into account the number of people leaving the country).

I've seen job bridge advertisements for positions such as school caretaker and forecourt attendant which are quite frankly ridiculous.

Crazyness using a caretaker job in a jobbridge scheme. In tipperary in my old school they were advertising for a new caretaker -Wage €580pw - nothing wrong with that... how can ya get away with using that on jobbridge????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Jobs bridge has been used in germany for a long time only they dont give 50 euro on top of your weekly dole they give 1 euro, they are called 1 euro jobs and it was all just to reduce the statistics for unemployed people.

Altough germanys downturn was in the early 2000's they made these cuts and 1 euro jobs to make them stronger today, cant see it happening in ireland like that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Anybody know if the ice rink are employing people, specifically for the first aid post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Knucklecracker

Premier Digital looking for sales agents in Waterford. Selling Sky TV.

Basic + Commission.

http://www.premierdigital.ie/?page_id=424

Advertisement