Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Why's that? Are they supposed to be dodgey?

No nothing like that but their meant to be terrible to work for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

No nothing like that but their meant to be terrible to work for.

I worked there last years for a few months. Personally I hated the job itself, I felt sick every morning at the thoughts of taking 50 odd calls.... And get abuse on 90% of the calls

The people on the other hand were great. The managers(most of them) were grand and very helpful. Everyone on the floor was great and helped each other to survive each shift.....

If you don't give a crap and don't take **** from people.... Go for it....

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Ramada Hotel are looking for Porters there was an add on Recruit Ireland there the other day!

Any idea how to apply?I can't find it on Recruit Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

Mooley22 wrote: »
    Any idea how to apply?I can't find it on Recruit Ireland?

It was in the papers I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

It was in the papers I think

Just go upto the front desk and ask for the manager or assistant manager! bring your CV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I worked there last years for a few months. Personally I hated the job itself, I felt sick every morning at the thoughts of taking 50 odd calls.... And get abuse on 90% of the calls

The people on the other hand were great. The managers(most of them) were grand and very helpful. Everyone on the floor was great and helped each other to survive each shift.....

If you don't give a crap and don't take **** from people.... Go for it....

Similar story/opinion to that of the people I know who worked and are working their right now.

Iv been just told really without bashing them too much that their way to strict for the money there actually giving their employees and to avoid the place at all costs.

Your experience in eishtec hasn't filled me with any hope but luckily Im employed , i was just thinking of applying a while back. Iv heard one too many bad things and I don't think my job is as bad as eishtec so I should count myself lucky.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

Waterford Castle Golf Club (Ballinakil Island) looking for summer staff - bar staff, waiting staff, kitchen staff.

For students: Apply for a job as usual, just bring CV to the Golf Club manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Ardkeen Stores are looking for an off-license assistant and Barista.

http://ardkeen.com/Home.aspx?SID=18&SSID=82

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

hi got an interview for the edinburgh woolen mills in city square has anybody heard anything yet it will be two weeks on tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

hi got an interview for the edinburgh woolen mills in city square has anybody heard anything yet it will be two weeks on tuesday.

The girlfriend had an interview there last week but in the end she was too young for the job even tho she is 32. They seem to be looking for people who are in there fifties or there abouts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

cococoady wrote: »
    The girlfriend had an interview there last week but in the end she was too young for the job even tho she is 32. They seem to be looking for people who are in there fifties or there abouts

Surely that's age discrimination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

I know Ii mightn't be helping the Waterford Business industry here but
    Apple are looking for people to work from home, i applied yesterday and get the interview today
    https://jobs.apple.com/ie/search?#location&t=0&so=&lo=0*IRL&pN=1&openJobId=26701922
    I don't have a direct link, but look for "At Home iOS Technical Advisor English"

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

what qualifications to you need for the Apple role?

savic04 wrote: »
    what qualifications to you need for the Apple role?
    Job Summary

Job Summary Every day, people do amazing things at Apple. What will you do? Here’s your opportunity to do meaningful work by providing world class support for the products that have made Apple an iconic technology company. Come join our team – we’ll provide you an iMac to work from home, and train you to resolve technical issues while keeping a focus on the customer. So when customers call in with questions, you won’t just provide answers—you’ll provide an experience. Become an At-Home Advisor and begin an exciting new career at Apple. Responsibilities To provide basic to moderately complex support to Apple customers on Apple products, systems, peripherals and software; Logging of calls from customers onto an Apple database and following escalation procedures to resolve problems or issues; To provide and maintain strong, professional relationships with all of Apple’s customers and show empathy for the customer at all times; At all times, the Advisor will demonstrate a high level of customer service when helping a customer and if necessary, escalate “hot” issues to a more experienced Advisor; To make themselves available to receive calls for a minimum of 80% of their on-line time; To provide feedback on a daily basis to the team leader on new issues or call drivers that they have discovered; Enrich the lives of Apple customers by providing unparalleled customer service; Wow our customers by listening attentively to their needs, gain agreement on the resolution and bring the issue to conclusion; To educate customers on support options and the steps being taken to resolve their issue; Communicate pro-actively and positively with team members, customers, and other partners - remember, you represent the Apple brand; Because you’ll work independently from home, you’ll need the discipline and ability to work remotely from coworkers and management.
    Key Qualifications

• Skills/Requirements
    • Be fluent in English Be a confident and enthusiastic communicator Have strong organisational and administrative skills Be a self-starter who is motivated and innovative Have a high stress tolerance An appreciation of the IT environment, preferably with Apple products A high level of computer literacy Experience of working in a pressurised, target-driven environment A strong “hands-on” background in a similar environment
    • At-Home Qualifications
    • A private workspace with a door that closes, without noise or distraction
    • Ergonomic chair and desk High-speed hard-wired Internet connection (minimum 2Mbps download / 0.5Mbps upload) from a reliable provider
    • A dedicated telephone land line from a reliable carrier (must be installed before you start work)

Description

Description As an Apple At-Home iOS Technical Advisor, you’ll be providing technical support and customer service to consumer customers on their iPad, iPhone or iPod. As our customers’ first point of contact, you’ll be the friendly voice of Apple, providing award-winning customer service, troubleshooting and support. We’ll rely on you to listen to our customers and use your technical expertise, creativity and passion to meet their needs — and remind them that behind our great products are amazing people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

cococoady wrote: »

Some activity going on in there today. If it was staff training i can tell you 32 was not too young!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

XR Marketing Catherine St. opposite the Fire Station are recruiting at the moment , mainly for house-to-house campaigns , and may be commission based wages .

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

XR Marketing Catherine St. opposite the Fire Station are recruiting at the moment , mainly for house-to-house campaigns , and may be commission based wages .

I wouldn't consider these as jobs to be honest. The likes of XR Marketing and Smart Advantages in Johnstown prey on vulnerable, desperate people to try and brainwash them into thinking they can make x amount after a certain period of time working for nothing. My mate did it for a week and it ended up costing him about €60 travelling up and down to Dungarvan to try and sell portable heaters door-to-door. He never got reimbursed for travel expenses or paid for the one heater he sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I know Ii mightn't be helping the Waterford Business industry here but
    Apple are looking for people to work from home, i applied yesterday and get the interview today
    https://jobs.apple.com/ie/search?#location&t=0&so=&lo=0*IRL&pN=1&openJobId=26701922
    I don't have a direct link, but look for "At Home iOS Technical Advisor English"

Do you have to go to Cork for training?

Yep, 2 weeks training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Yep, 2 weeks training

Full time, mon - fri for two weeks? In Cork?

• Advertisement

Yes and Yes :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭trickymicky

dunno whether its true but i heard bausch and lomb are lookin for people to do either monday to friday or three twelve hour shifts friday to saturday. does any have anymore info if its true??

dunno whether its true but i heard bausch and lomb are lookin for people to do either monday to friday or three twelve hour shifts friday to saturday. does any have anymore info if its true??
    Just emailed and received a response from someone I know in the HR dept.
    Their not recruiting at the moment. They will be soon, but will be working from the aptitude tested people that they have on file currently.

Driving into Tesco Ballybeg this morning and there was a big sign saying there was a medical centre and a garden centre and something about a drive thru (couldnt really stop the carto read) opening up....
    Surely a good sign!

Driving into Tesco Ballybeg this morning and there was a big sign saying there was a medical centre and a garden centre and something about a drive thru (couldnt really stop the carto read) opening up....
    Surely a good sign!

I saw this too! The thing is they are only advertising an opportunity to develop, so they were like notifying people or prospective buyers builders developers!

I saw this too! The thing is they are only advertising an opportunity to develop, so they were like notifying people or prospective buyers builders developers!

Ahhh hopefully something will happen. One of the lads in Tescos told me before Christmas a Costa Coffee and a chemist was opening sometime this year when I was trying to force my CV on him :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Part time staff wanted for the Shake Shack in City Square.

Ahhh hopefully something will happen. One of the lads in Tescos told me before Christmas a Costa Coffee and a chemist was opening sometime this year when I was trying to force my CV on him :-)

There was planning permission on the fence down where the other roundabout is just near the goods in entrance, theres a wooden fence then and it was on there for permission to add the above IN SHOP however that hasnt materialised yet, still could be just part of the planning delays! but those notices have now been removed from the fence, think there maybe one left on there,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭dzilla

Advertisement