Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Again, a little birdy told me Ramada Hotel are looking for a full time night porter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Catcatriona

Hi can anyone tell me what u do in eishtec and the hours u may have to work and how much per hour . Thank you :)

Hi can anyone tell me what u do in eishtec and the hours u may have to work and how much per hour . Thank you :)

I think Eishtec is a call centre, and minimum wage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

I think Eishtec is a call centre, and minimum wage!

It woud be customer care or sales in a call centre.... I interviewed for part time in the summer and it was great pay €10 p/hr, which in my only four years of working it's a very high wage for unskilled labour.. :)

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Spider Web - a new shop opening in City Square are looking for Experienced Staff and to email CV's to: info@goldenspiderweb.ie

Spotted on City Square Waterford's facebook page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

deisemum wrote: »
    Spider Web - a new shop opening in City Square are looking for Experienced Staff and to email CV's to: info@goldenspiderweb.ie

Haven't heard of that name before. What do they sell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

It's a clothes shop for women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Topaz on the manor have a sign on the door looking for staff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Barber shop in Michael street has a sign in the window looking for staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

The Brasserie are looking for a chef:

The Brasserie.
    Chef required.
    Flexible hours.
    Experience Essential.
    Email CV to byrnejohn514@gmail.com or call John on 087 2383400.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

Does anyone know of places taking on just for summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

Just saw a sign in the window of Hillbillys, they are looking for staff.

madfcuker wrote: »
    Just saw a sign in the window of Hillbillys, they are looking for staff.

Do you have to have a red neck speak with a southern accent chew straw and wear dungarees?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

Is the irishjobs website the only way you can put in for the Nypro jobs ?

Lidl are looking for staff in their Tramore Road shop!

They have adverts on their windows! Thats a good job to have these days, a job with prospects too! I think the pay is well above the minimum wage aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Ghostbusthat

Lidl are looking for staff in their Tramore Road shop!

They have adverts on their windows! Thats a good job to have these days, a job with prospects too! I think the pay is well above the minimum wage aswell
    Can you apply online?

Can you apply online?

You can apply online but i was just checking there and i dont see any advertisements for jobs in Waterford even though theres a sign up in the window in the shop on the Tramore Road. maybe ask a member of staff, They are good jobs these days secure with promotion prospects.

Friend of mine was out of work for ages and got a job in one of these shops one year after starting she bought a house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,920 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

You can apply online but i was just checking there and i dont see any advertisements for jobs in Waterford even though theres a sign up in the window in the shop on the Tramore Road. maybe ask a member of staff, They are good jobs these days secure with promotion prospects.

Friend of mine was out of work for ages and got a job in one of these shops one year after starting she bought a house.

Have you any idea what kind of jobs they are? I don't know if i would be great on the tills but wouldn't mind stacking shelves or working in the back. Have a finance degree so would be great to start on the floor and hopefully work my way into the finance side of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Have you any idea what kind of jobs they are? I don't know if i would be great on the tills but wouldn't mind stacking shelves or working in the back. Have a finance degree so would be great to start on the floor and hopefully work my way into the finance side of things.

You have to do it all in Aldi/Lidl AFAIK they dont have seperate staff that way and their tills are ten times harder work then any other conpany. As much as I hate them maybe chance a jobbridge in your field if you can find one?

ziedth wrote: »
    You have to do it all in Aldi/Lidl AFAIK they dont have seperate staff that way and their tills are ten times harder work then any other conpany. As much as I hate them maybe chance a jobbridge in your field if you can find one?

Yeah like was just said above its all in, they dont have seperate staff, you have to be on tills stacking shelves and in the store, you rotate and go on tills if and when needed when its busy,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

So, I hear a good few Eishtec staff are making the run to Apple,
    Kind of makes sense, many of them do iphone support already don't they? so why not basically do the same job for several thousand a year more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Cabaal wrote: »
    Kind of makes sense, many of them do iphone support already don't they? so why not basically do the same job for several thousand a year more.

Yeah sure why wouldn't you, work from home, get a desktop from apple, employee discount. Seems great. I know they will be hiring again soon for more people so even if some of the jobs are gone now there a chance in a few weeks/months

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭trickymicky

Cabaal wrote: »

how does that work like would you put down as self employed for that???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Anyone any idea what the wages are like for teh Apple Work at Home thing and what hours do you work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what the wages are like for teh Apple Work at Home thing and what hours do you work?

There's no more AHA roles for Apple from what I know. All positions have been filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 wolf321

Nuts102 wrote: »

I was also in a similar position a few months ago, out of college with career employment next to impossible to get as everyone wanted x amount of years experience. I saw job bridge as one way to get much needed experience. A lot of people complain about job bridge and in many ways rightly so as it massively abused by many businesses. However, it can create a great opportunity as I stated a job bridge placement with a financial services multinational 9 months ago and now at the end my internship I have been offered a well paid position within the company. As long as you get a placement within a decent company, show them how hard you will work and don't mind getting €238 a week. You should have every chance of securing a fully paid position. Which would be a dam sight better than stacking shelves in a supermarket. Good Luck

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

how does that work like would you put down as self employed for that???

No, you work for Apple, the only difference employment wise is that you are working from home.

Only the mickeymouse outfits expect you to put yourself down as self employed

Not 100% sure on the hours, but ios support is somewhere in the region of 25k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭jos22

Last Time I checked it was 20,500 and increase to a max of 22,000 if you last 4 years. But the past few people I knew working there said that they left them all go once their contacts were up.
    that was the pay for those who worked out of the office in cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Housekeeping Staff required to join our Team @AthenaeumHHotel drop in CV or email info@athenaeumhousehotel.com

• Advertisement

Saw a job advertised for a full time Receptionist in the Ramada Hotel,experience an advantage but not essential as triaining will be provided.

Advertisement