Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i recently completed a tourism course in WIT and this job would be perfect but amazling i was never on a plane so that could be a problem but sounds like a good job

would be quite nervous having to move to another country

It would be a great job if you are interested you can register on their site https://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/CabinCrewOpenDays.aspx?j=f&pub=/english

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,920 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Have an interview with Eistech in the morning. Can anybody tell me what it is like. I had an interview years ago in a call center and it was a group interview for a few hours. Is it like that or just a one on one interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

Waterford Marina Hotel is looking for a chef and also hotel receptionist.Experience required.Apply to gm@waterfordmarinahotel.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Have an interview with Eistech in the morning. Can anybody tell me what it is like. I had an interview years ago in a call center and it was a group interview for a few hours. Is it like that or just a one on one interview?

It wasn't a team interview when I done it last year anyway.

Pretty basic they'll ask you are you good working as part of a team, have you got an interest in smart phones.. Have you got one etc, what can you bring to eishtec, They'll quiz you on your cv too.

Becareful taking this job though they are a right shower of c*nts to work for, the amount of stress you'll be put under for min wage isn't healthy so make sure your cut out for it otherwise you'll end up trapped in their like most of the staff.

They don't call it helltec for no reason. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

If you don't mind me asking, when did you send in your application/CV?

• Advertisement

If you don't mind me asking, when did you send in your application/CV?

Sent it in last Thursday and got the call today.

It wasn't a team interview when I done it last year anyway.

Pretty basic they'll ask you are you good working as part of a team, have you got an interest in smart phones.. Have you got one etc, what can you bring to eishtec, They'll quiz you on your cv too.

Becareful taking this job though they are a right shower of c*nts to work for, the amount of stress you'll be put under for min wage isn't healthy so make sure your cut out for it otherwise you'll end up trapped in their like most of the staff.

They don't call it helltec for no reason. :)

Aren't their two different departments. The role i would be doing would be working on the sales side. Two people i know from the department told me they enjoy it out their.

My main problem is i left a TUS job and FAS are all over me. They keep sending me to interviews for CE schemes where i will gain little exerience in Finance like i want. Some of these jobs like selling art gallery tickets and working at a desk and stocking shelves in a library don't appeal to me. At least with this job i will actually be getting paid.

Aren't their two different departments. The role i would be doing would be working on the sales side. Two people i know from the department told me they enjoy it out their.

My main problem is i left a TUS job and FAS are all over me. They keep sending me to interviews for CE schemes where i will gain little exerience in Finance like i want. Some of these jobs like selling art gallery tickets and working at a desk and stocking shelves in a library don't appeal to me. At least with this job i will actually be getting paid.

Sales and service but they exploit their staff so much service now do sales and only get commission if all there targets are met I.e care, AHT, FCR etc..

I was in service left a few months back after 8 months of it, we had it bad in service but sales have it worse. Without scaring you too much , if you don't meet your targets you'll hear about it put it that way.

Look take it , the 1st months handy it's training even though if you come from unemployment you'll have to work 2 weeks for nothing !! You'll get 2 weeks dole for 80 hours .. Another example of these government funded hitlers exploiting their staff.

If you can do part time instead of full time go ahead with it because full time will have you depressed and hating life in general.

40 hours a week for barely more than dole for the amount of sh*t you'll have to put up with it isn't worth it, trust me. No opportunities of extra pay for overtime either btw.

Sales and service but they exploit their staff so much service now do sales and only get commission if all there targets are met I.e care, AHT, FCR etc..

I was in service left a few months back after 8 months of it, we had it bad in service but sales have it worse. Without scaring you too much , if you don't meet your targets you'll hear about it put it that way.

Look take it , the 1st months handy it's training even though if you come from unemployment you'll have to work 2 weeks for nothing !! You'll get 2 weeks dole for 80 hours .. Another example of these government funded hitlers exploiting their staff.

If you can do part time instead of full time go ahead with it because full time will have you depressed and hating life in general.

40 hours a week for barely more than dole for the amount of sh*t you'll have to put up with it isn't worth it, trust me. No opportunities of extra pay for overtime either btw.

Do you mind if i ask you what the basic pay is or if you know don't really want to ask a friend what they earn.

If i get it i will go for it anyway it's a paying job. At the moment i am depressed out of my head doing nothing and having no money anyway.

Do you mind if i ask you what the basic pay is or if you know don't really want to ask a friend what they earn.

If i get it i will go for it anyway it's a paying job. At the moment i am depressed out of my head doing nothing and having no money anyway.

Think it's about 325 euro per week for 40 hours , no more than 328 pw.

They cry out for people to do overtime ,if you do your tax goes up so you will come out with about 20 or 30 quid extra for just under 9 hours work! no fault of eishtecs but they could combat the tax increase by giving their staff an incentive to do overtime hence the reason nobody really does it., You'll get paid forthrightly too.

I know where your coming I was unemployed for a few months before taking the eishtec job but honestly think twice about it. IMO your actually better off on the dole and doing a course and educating yourself more than slaving away for these c*nts because trust me they are really bad to work for.

They have the highest turnover of staff in the south east Iv been told or at least waterford and it's prob true , loads of people quit every week for various reasons.

• Advertisement

They cry out for people to do overtime ,if you do your tax goes up so you will come out with about 20 or 30 quid extra for just under 9 hours work! no fault of eishtecs but they could combat the tax increase by giving their staff an incentive to do overtime hence the reason nobody really does it., You'll get paid forthrightly too.

I know where your coming I was unemployed for a few months before taking the eishtec job but honestly think twice about it. IMO your actually better off on the dole and doing a course and educating yourself more than slaving away for these c*nts because trust me they are really bad to work for.

They have the highest turnover of staff in the south east Iv been told or at least waterford and it's prob true , loads of people quit every week for various reasons.

I know but i have got a degree and i am just finishing up on my second course this year. Doing courses is not going to really benefit me anymore. Also in the sector i am looking to work their are no jobs it's just CE Schemes where your lobbed in for a few months doing basic jobs.

I am going to talk more to my friend who is out their and see what he says. I presume i should have a good chance anyway if the turnover is that high.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭stephen1968

I hear the fitzwilton hotel are looking for staff...also new look barbers have a sign in there window looking for staff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,609 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i put in an application for Eistech using there website on sunday and didnt hear anything back yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I put an application in through the website in May and haven't heard anything back. And mine had EX-TALKTALK plastered all over it.

I know but i have got a degree and i am just finishing up on my second course this year. Doing courses is not going to really benefit me anymore. Also in the sector i am looking to work their are no jobs it's just CE Schemes where your lobbed in for a few months doing basic jobs.

I am going to talk more to my friend who is out their and see what he says. I presume i should have a good chance anyway if the turnover is that high.

90 per cent of people hate it in there maybe your friends in the minority prob new in the job or a team leader tbh.

Take it by all means, I'm not telling you not too because there's not much out there but don't say you havnt been warned , it's a government funded sh*thole getting suger coated at the moment.

My opinion of it isn't a bitter one either I left on good terms for another job but Id advice anyone to steer clear of this place, it's the worst job Iv ever had and one of the worst things Iv ever done full stop and I know plenty of people past and present in their who share a similar opinion.

90 per cent of people hate it in there maybe your friends in the minority prob new in the job or a team leader tbh.

Take it by all means, I'm not telling you not too because there's not much out there but don't say you havnt been warned , it's a government funded sh*thole getting suger coated at the moment.

My opinion of it isn't a bitter one either I left on good terms for another job but Id advice anyone to steer clear of this place, it's the worst job Iv ever had and one of the worst things Iv ever done full stop and I know plenty of people past and present in their who share a similar opinion.

Thanks for the input. Your right the people i know are mostly new out their and i know somebody who is a team leader. The interview seemed fine but it was stressed about reaching goals. I can see it being difficult trying to make sales in a recession.

Thanks for the input. Your right the people i know are mostly new out their and i know somebody who is a team leader. The interview seemed fine but it was stressed about reaching goals. I can see it being difficult trying to make sales in a recession.

That's it really in a nutshell it's all about your targets and you'll hear about it day in and day out if you don't reach them.

Good luck anyway if you get it and decide to take it!.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

Had an interview there myself but after reading this thread and talking to past and present staff in there that I know myself I don't think I'll pursue it any further, probably should of got some feedback before applying.

Anyone I talked too from there pretty much told me what your saying here, they also told me the wages are actually lower than what you have up there.

Just keep the head up something better will come along eventually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 reg89

Claires accessories are looking for a supervisor..nice place to work :-) info on fas.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 21 meowski

I completely back up everything he said. Don't do it to yourself. Any CE scheme is better that working there. It was complete hell! I cant tell you how many people left on the sick because of the pressure your put under.
    They make it seem great and promise that there is room to progress but that's bull. Unless you worked for them in talk talk or are related to one of them or doing one them you don't hold a hope. They hired completely inexperienced team leaders as they wouldn't question their archaic and out of day managerial style. The only want puppets, free thoughts, ideas or anyone who shows intelligence are not welcome.

Every month they change the bonus module to suit them, and they make it harder and harder to make it unachievable. They work it our by how much money they made the month before.

....and if you want to know about the unfair practices well.....service get paid more per hour as they have no bonus ....now they have given service a bonus but told sales (who are on basic min wage) to shut up asking for a wage increase. You also don't get an increase in hourly wage after you have worked there a year....there is NO yearly increase.

They are a joke, ran by an inexperienced and out of touch executive team who's only real talent is in PR (and having a hot female chief exec who flirts with all the grant givers and TD's helps)

They actually see a call center as a revolving door for staff! which is a shocking statement in this day and age, especially as my previous call center had a staff retention rate of 90%. They do not believe in staff retention so from the moment you walk in the door you are expendable.

and don't get me started on the bullying! I witnessed first hand the way senior management bullied a experienced team leader, battling him down until he quit, they treated him like dirt and only because he stood up to them, he stood up for his team and he wouldn't be a puppet. There have also been serious incidences of bullying of staff by TL's but people are too scared to do anything because 'is a revolving door'.
    You are not an individual, you are there to make them money and if you don't then bye bye

People don't take sick days, they take mental health days

DONT DO IT, you are worth more than them utter low lifes.

• Advertisement

meowski wrote: »
    I completely back up everything he said. Don't do it to yourself. Any CE scheme is better that working there. It was complete hell! I cant tell you how many people left on the sick because of the pressure your put under.
    They make it seem great and promise that there is room to progress but that's bull. Unless you worked for them in talk talk or are related to one of them or doing one them you don't hold a hope. They hired completely inexperienced team leaders as they wouldn't question their archaic and out of day managerial style. The only want puppets, free thoughts, ideas or anyone who shows intelligence are not welcome.

Every month they change the bonus module to suit them, and they make it harder and harder to make it unachievable. They work it our by how much money they made the month before.

....and if you want to know about the unfair practices well.....service get paid more per hour as they have no bonus ....now they have given service a bonus but told sales (who are on basic min wage) to shut up asking for a wage increase. You also don't get an increase in hourly wage after you have worked there a year....there is NO yearly increase.

They are a joke, ran by an inexperienced and out of touch executive team who's only real talent is in PR (and having a hot female chief exec who flirts with all the grant givers and TD's helps)

They actually see a call center as a revolving door for staff! which is a shocking statement in this day and age, especially as my previous call center had a staff retention rate of 90%. They do not believe in staff retention so from the moment you walk in the door you are expendable.

and don't get me started on the bullying! I witnessed first hand the way senior management bullied a experienced team leader, battling him down until he quit, they treated him like dirt and only because he stood up to them, he stood up for his team and he wouldn't be a puppet. There have also been serious incidences of bullying of staff by TL's but people are too scared to do anything because 'is a revolving door'.
    You are not an individual, you are there to make them money and if you don't then bye bye

People don't take sick days, they take mental health days

DONT DO IT, you are worth more than them utter low lifes.

The place should be shut down full stop there's slaves with more rights than helltec employees. Don't get me started on the hassle you get for going to the toilet or the fact they expect you to bang out calls one after another like a robot without a breather between despite the call possibly being someone roaring at you for 20 or 30 minutes.

I'm going to bad mouth eishtec at every opportunity they deserve it and the next time rte plant their cameras outside for interviews il pop by and tell them what it's really like.

They've after costing people jobs with apple too myself included over 2 absences , shower of spiteful c*nts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Have to agree with all the above statements , stay well clear of this company an absolute shower of tramps to work for. Eventually people will cop onto their tricks. Some people will say its a job its more like slave labour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,609 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Have to agree with all the above statements , stay well clear of this company an absolute shower of tramps to work for. Eventually people will cop onto their tricks. Some people will say its a job its more like slave labour.

Its money for the pocket at the end of the day. If i got offered a job there id probly try it out.

Jobsbridge seem hard to get into

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Its money for the pocket at the end of the day. If i got offered a job there id probly try it out.

True, But when your treated like complete dirt you may as well be on the dole as bad as it is. How RTE gave these people coverage I dont know.

Barely more than the dole for 40 hours of stress and hardship, it's not worth it trust me. If you did get offered a job their and tried it you it wouldn't be long till your opinion changed , we all went in with that attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Barely more than the dole for 40 hours of stress and hardship, it's not worth it trust me. If you did get offered a job their and tried it you it wouldn't be long till your opinion changed , we all went in with that attitude.

Not being funny or anything but this is for jobs in waterford that are available not to go on and on about one job, I think we get the message about this one, move on.

Not being funny or anything but this is for jobs in waterford that are available not to go on and on about one job, I think we get the message about this one, move on.

I was giving an insight to what it's like in there, I can go on as much as like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I was giving an insight to what it's like in there, I can go on as much as like.

I know but everytime I see jobs in waterford active I come to find people ranting not saying theres a job going in such and such, just how bad eistech is now for ages, we get, of course you can go on about but start a thread to that effect, we get it the place is bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Is it really as bad as people say then? I had a mate who was delighted to get a job there earlier this year after a year on the dole, he didnt even have call cantre experience but they seem to take on the whole spectrum. Last I heard, he left after 4 months and is now out in Canada. Never got a chance to catch up as to how he found it. I do tend to believe negative reviews of companies because, even though there are whingers everywhere in every job, a lot of bad reviews do generally point to a problem. Bullying in companies is also really bad in some places (naming no names HASBRO), so this is even harder to dismiss as just one bitter worker.

I will be steerling clear of anything to do with Eistech for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭jos22

..Brian.. wrote: »
    The starting pay is over €11 per hour I heard but it's only part I heard. Is this correct? Would you get 39 hours per week at this rate?

What hours will you work with this?

ie do you work monday to sunday? hours between 8am and 8pm or something?

Any idea with the basic pay is? I've heard 25k but that seems high for tech support!

the person I knew doing support for apple was on 20,500, he was working at their office in cork.

I believe those on multi lingual contracts were the ones on about 24K

Advertisement